Paypal OTP present error when using.

Using 1PW to login to Paypal with OTP gives an error. There’s an issue with the code you entered. Let’s try that again. deleting the last digit and reentering it allows you to login.

Using Microsoft Edge browser on OS X Catalina, with beta from Chrome Store.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DBLClick!

Out of curiosity, do you see the same error message if you copy and paste your OTP code from 1Password to the Paypal page, instead of filling it with 1Password X? I wonder if the Paypal site is doing something to prevent password manager filling on that page.

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Interesting question, No I get right in if I copy and paste the OTP into the windows. But I also think it's about the same when I delete the last digit and type it in.

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Tested using Safari extension of 1PW not the x version and just cut and paste and I'm in. So you maybe correct about paypal is preventing password managers from filling on that page.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @DBLClick! I am going to try and see if I can test and reproduce this: the last time I checked, Paypal only allowed 2FA configuration for certain countries. I will send you an update as soon as I find something :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick:

I was able to test this and things worked for me when I filled the OTP code with 1Password X. Do you see the same behavior with 1Password X in another browser, such as Chrome?

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

you are right the save version of 1PWx on chrome works fine, only in Microsoft Edge I see this.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick:

I have tested Microsoft Edge on the Mac again, and the code was accepted for me there too. I am not sure why you might be seeing this just in Edge :(

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

are you 1password searching for paypal, then while logging in you are getting autofills. That's when it happens. when You just fill each page it works.

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

yep from the page it works, but if 1PW opens the tab and autofills error at the OTP

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick:

I was originally going to the Paypal website, and then either using the 1Password X inline menu below the form, or clicking on the 1Password X extension button in the browser, and selecting autofill (I have tried both of these, and both of the methods worked).

Now I have also tried opening 1Password X first, searching for Paypal, and then going to the website that way, but I did not manage to get the error message with this method either.

There might be something different in the way our Paypal login items are stored inside 1Password. What is the value of the website field inside your Login item?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DBLClick:

Thank you for confirming. That's the exact same one that I also use, I was wondering if perhaps the URL you had there was taking you to a different page, but it doesn't look like that is the case. I will keep testing a bit more and see if I can find a way to reproduce this :+1:

• DBLClick
    DBLClick
    Community Member

Now another thing I noticed. I get different login pages. The page I showed in my screen capture produces the error. Different paypal pages don't So now I thinking they are doing something on their web.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You might be right @DBLClick: when I click on the Login button here, I get a slightly differ login page from the one you show in your video. And the login page I get always worked, I haven't yet managed to get to the page you are seeing.

This discussion has been closed.