Secure note

I mostly use 1P on my Mac / iPhone. However, at work I have a Windows. Recently I needed to get to my Secure Notes in the Chrome browser => clicked on the 1 P icon and go into the extension. There is no secure notes there.
Is there something wrong? Why is that missing?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @roethlis!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

On PC
    V 7.6.780
    It also says last checked today and up to date.
    On Mac
    V7.6 (70600005)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@roethlis:

Thank you! VErsion 7.6.780 is the version of the 1Password for Windows desktop app, but you mentioned that the issue is with the 1Password browser extension instead. Because of this, can you also confirm what the version of the 1Password extension is? Thank you!

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

Well, in the Windows app I do have Secure Notes - not in the browser extension button.
    However, the version I gave you comes up when I click: Browser Extension button in Chrome => Coghwheel: settings => settings => Help => about 1 Password.
    If that is not the extension version => where would I see it then? (I'm a Mac person, not Windows)

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

oh, when I right-click the extension I get to a version 4.7.5.90

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @roethlis! I have tested this in Windows with the same version of the browser extension and I was able to see the list of secure notes when I click on the browser extension button and search for them:

I am also not a Windows expert, but I believe you can see the entire contents of the notes just in the desktop app though, so if that is what you are seeing, that would be expected behavior.

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

Well, in the Windows app I do have Secure Notes - not in the browser extension button.
    However, the version I gave you comes up when I click: Browser Extension button in Chrome => Coghwheel: settings => settings => Help => about 1 Password.
    If that is not the extension version => where would I see it then? (I'm a Mac person, not Windows)

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

not sure why the 12:43 post was re-posted - weird.
    See my link above for a pic

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@roethlis:

Sorry, I should have made a better example in my screenshot: Secure Note in my screenshot is the title of my secure note, that's why search returns that result. If you try searching for your secure note titles (and not just for "secure notes") instead, do you see any results?

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

Nope -
    on my Mac I have the folder "Secure Notes" that has many items inside with their titles.
    On the PC I do not have the folder "Secure Notes" but when searching for titles inside the secure notes it comes up empty.
    Passwords, CC, Identidies are there.

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

I mean searching in the search bar as you did which should search inside the Secure Notes.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@roethlis:

I mean searching in the search bar as you did which should search inside the Secure Notes.

Please try with the title of the secure note, not its contents. Currently, search in the 1Password browser extension does not search inside a secure note, which is why in my screenshot it returned a result (since I searched for the title of the secure note).

The 1Password browser extension does not have every feature of the main 1Password app, and this is one of those cases where there are some differences.

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

Maybe I don't understand what you are saying or you are getting me wrong:
    Link 1. Here you see in full app the "Secure Note" and titles inside
    https://www.drivehq.com/file/DFPublishFile.aspx/FileID7442515946/Key02rjt67o4ixn/1.png
    Link 2. when in extension: searching for "Secure Note" as above brings up nothing. However, searching like here for "Airports" also brings up nothing, same for "Cars" etc
    https://www.drivehq.com/file/DFPublishFile.aspx/FileID7442515831/Key3a1lf96jfnbx/2.png

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@roethlis:

From your second screenshot, it looks like you are searching within your Logins list alone, which would explain why search is not returning results from your secure notes. Can you try selecting the All Items icon first, and see if search works for you too then?

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

whoohoo!
    that did it.
    Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @roethlis! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• roethlis
    roethlis
    Community Member

You too, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.