1PW6 to 1PW7 on new computer, frozen family account all at once, help please

bpratorius
bpratorius
Community Member

What an utterly frustrating process this has been! I have been using 1PW6 on an older MAC for years without any problems. At some point, I created a family account which ended up not getting used and is now frozen. When I downloaded 1PW7 on my new MAC the only account I seem to be able to log into is the frozen account. On my old computer (1PW6) I can see my current vault with around 400 logins as well as the frozen account and a couple of other vaults. On the new computer (1PW7) I can only see the frozen account and not my main vault with all my logins. I do have a secret key for the family account (?) which I used to sign in because 1PW7 would not let me sign in without a secret code. I have tried for a couple of days now to resolve this issue but I can't seem to get anywhere. I have emailed support yesterday but have not gotten an answer. You guys should consider phone support. I am sure this issue would be resolved fairly quickly if I could speak to someone but I have a feeling it'll be a pain via email.

1Password 7 Catalina 10.15.6
Version 7.6 (70600006)
Mac App Store

1Password 6 (old computer) Catalina 10.15.3
Version 6.8.9 (689001)
AgileBits Store

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.6 Catalina
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bpratorius!

It sounds like you chose the 1Password.com option in the first window, rather than the Dropbox option. We can certainly help you get that sorted out :)

I have emailed support yesterday but have not gotten an answer.

Thank you for letting us know. Please keep in mind that you emailed on a Saturday, and in the weekend there are less of us online, so our replies might be a little bit slower than during the week. We reply to emails in the order we receive them, so someone will get to your email as soon as possible ;)

ref: TSW-75293-462

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the help here @sylath! Since the conversation is currently ongoing via email, I am going to close this forum discussion so we can keep everything in one place :+1:

This discussion has been closed.