Help with 1Password

VK1PW
VK1PW
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Families

I need someone to help me to stop this big mess that 1PW creates on my Mac and IP.
Preferable chat support.
I use all the latest versions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:NEED HELP

ref: https://agilebits.cerb.me/profiles/ticket/KHV-38799-811

Comments

• VK1PW
    VK1PW
    Community Member

In fact it would be better to talk to someone since it would take MY hours to describe all the mess.
    Starting from requesting different secret key numbers that isn't even in my "find the secret key" profil.

• scottisloud
    scottisloud
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Sounds like you've got a bit of a tricky situation!
    1Password doesn't currently offer chat or phone support, so it may be worth a shot at describing the most immediate issues/problems here or in an email directly to 1Password support.

It's possible that the issue is not as complex as it seems. Perhaps by describing the most immediate issue, or what you think is perhaps the root cause (e.g., something tangible: "when I create a new item on my iPhone it doesn't show up on my Mac" or "when I try to unlock 1Password on my Mac THIS problem occurs") the support folk can root out the problem without you having to write an entire novel! :)

I'm sure the support folk here will get you sorted! Good luck! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @VK1PW! Welcome to the forum!

I need someone to help me to stop this big mess that 1PW creates on my Mac and IP.

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "big mess"? Where are you getting stuck exactly?

Starting from requesting different secret key numbers that isn't even in my "find the secret key" profil.

It sounds like you might have created two 1Password accounts, if you are being asked to enter a Secret Key that is different from the one you have. At least, this is one of the most common causes when this happens, in my experience.

But let's start from the description of the actual issue, and as scottisloud said, we will be able to understand the situation much better then :+1:

• VK1PW
    VK1PW
    Community Member

It might be three, who knows. I logged in with one to get the SK.
    Why is it such a mess. Lets merge all accounts into one.
    Without 1PW I can not even store my login data, so I can not login again!!!!
    This SUPPORT is so .... that I have to login again to get support. If I click login on the top right corner I get to the same page Like I was before. So I have to login twice. First to see my data and second to get support.
    What is it?
    Don't tell me Corona.
    Don't tell me security.

• VK1PW
    VK1PW
    Community Member

@scottisloud
    It's possible that the issue is not as complex as it seems.

Right, I go to the website, merge two or three vaults. You website tells me the duplicates and will either merge them or delete the older post.

When finished I am left with one vault and use this as the basis.

How can I do that.

In between you delete all login data from me and only keep one (the one that pays for it). Even though I bought the one that is free for live.

• VK1PW
    VK1PW
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Did I mention the confusion it creates when I have to sign in again when trying to get support? I mean sign in with a different username and password?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@VK1PW:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• scottisloud
    scottisloud
    Community Member

Sounds like Support is reaching out to you and should help get you sorted. (I am not a 1Password employee, just a fellow 1Password user! :))

Did I mention the confusion it creates when I have to sign in again when trying to get support? I mean sign in with a different username and password?

Just a quick note to hopefully ease some of the confusion: the 1Password forum is a completely separate entity from your 1Password account. This is why you need to create an account specifically for the forum and log in separately from any of your actual 1Password content. I know it can be a bit annoying to have to create a separate account, but alas, it is what it is!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

@scottisloud:

Just a quick note to hopefully ease some of the confusion: the 1Password forum is a completely separate entity from your 1Password account. This is why you need to create an account specifically for the forum and log in separately from any of your actual 1Password content.

I should also note that the forum is just one of the support options we offer ;) If you don't want a separate account, you can certainly also email us directly, or use the contact form on our website :)

ref: https://agilebits.cerb.me/profiles/ticket/KHV-38799-811

This discussion has been closed.