Face ID not available in 1PW on iPhone

IanLancaster
IanLancaster
Community Member
edited September 2020 in iOS

I reinstalled 1Password on my iPhone XR about 10 days ago because it had stopped recognising my master password. Now, though, it doesn't offer me Face ID when I want to login. The instructions on the AgileBits support say to turn on Face ID in settings➞security, but there is no such setting available in security, nor in Advanced (in fact, there is no security setting under Advanced). How do I get Face ID back, please? I have it set on my iPhone and it works for other apps.
I've hunted through other threads relating to Face ID in this forum but none of the answers are useful to me.
Thanks for your help in anticipation!

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2
Sync Type: USB cable

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @IanLancaster!

Are you able to unlock your phone itself with Face ID?

• IanLancaster
    IanLancaster
    Community Member

yes

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @IanLancaster! Can you please post a screenshot of what you see inside your 1Password Settings > Security page?

• IanLancaster
    IanLancaster
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana - Does this work?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@IanLancaster:

I would like you to try resetting Face ID on your device, and see if that helps. To do this, open the Settings app on your phone and tap Face ID & Passcode > Reset Face ID. Then tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

After setting it up again, did Face ID appear as an option inside 1Password?

• IanLancaster
    IanLancaster
    Community Member

OK - will do, but in a while as I'm now installing the iOS update.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @IanLancaster, thank you! :+1:

• IanLancaster
    IanLancaster
    Community Member

reset Face ID. No - no change in 1PW

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @IanLancaster. At this point, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• IanLancaster
    IanLancaster
    Community Member

Thanks again ag_ana. Diagnostics posted = tkt no: #CBI-13744-321

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@IanLancaster:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: CBI-13744-321

This discussion has been closed.