Is ITEM editing reflected in the 1P4_zip files in the backup folder?

blackxacto
blackxacto
Community Member

I have been using my new 1P account at 1P.com for 4 days. I have been editing ITEMs within my one Personal Vault each day. Within my user account there are 2, 1P4_zip files. Each files says there are 293 items within. Today, after 4 days of editing, 1P says it has 286 ITEMs. Why is this not reflected in the backup data files within my user account.?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blackxacto!

Backups for the data you have in your 1Password.com are taken by the server directly:

1Password backups

Local backups are only taken for local data, so for the vaults stored outside your 1Password account. This means that what you see there does not reflect the status of your data in your 1Password account.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

I dont understand. On a mac if i have a 1p account at 1p.com, why would i have local backups or local vaults? Isnt everything in the 1p.com backed up, constantly?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@blackxacto:

Isnt everything in the 1p.com backed up, constantly?

That's right, as per my previous post :+1: :)

On a mac if i have a 1p account at 1p.com, why would i have local backups or local vaults?

The local vaults would be there if you did not remove them after migrating to 1Password.com. If you see a vault called Primary in your 1Password app, for example, that would be it.

With regards to the local backups part of the question: is it possible you had local vaults, before you migrated to a 1Password.com account perhaps? What you wrote in your first post certainly suggests this:

I have been using my new 1P account at 1P.com for 4 days.

So I would guess your local backups are the ones that were created back then. Moving to an account does not wipe everything you had locally up to that point.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Thank you, I understand. Appreciate your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @blackxacto! I am glad I could help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.