Automatically submit credentials with 1Password 7

Bunyak
Bunyak
Community Member

I just upgraded from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 for Mac and I can't figure out how to turn on the auto-submit feature as explained in the Windows forum. I'm using 1Password mini with my browsers - not 1Password X. I also can't figure out how to make 1Password fill a new password two times after it's been generated.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bunyak!

I just upgraded from 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 for Mac and I can't figure out how to turn on the auto-submit feature as explained in the Windows forum.

The autosubmit feature is not available on macOS anymore: Apple made some changes to the OS some time ago, and removed what 1Password required in order to autosubmit. So the feature is not available in 1Password 7 I am afraid.

I also can't figure out how to make 1Password fill a new password two times after it's been generated.

Can you please elaborate on this? Why are you trying to fill a new password two times?

• Bunyak
    Bunyak
    Community Member

Thanks. When a new password is necessary for a website, the user is often required to enter the new password two times. I'm pretty sure that 1Password 6 would fill a generated password twice in this situation. 1Password 7 is not doing this for me.

• Gotcha! Thanks @Bunyak. We have an issue open with development that is a slightly different problem than that, but I believe the two may be related. I'm going to check and see if we can solve both at the same time. Thank you for the report.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4880

This discussion has been closed.