1Password 7.7.beta8 keeps asking me to turn on the safari extension

seanzxx
seanzxx
Community Member

I've already turned on the safari extension.
Every time I clicked the 1password button, I saw the message in the window asking me to turn on the extension.

1Password Version: 7.7.beta8
Extension Version: 7.7.beta8
OS Version: macOS 11.0 Beta (20A5364e)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @seanzxx!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• seanzxx
    seanzxx
    Community Member
    1. Quit 1Password Completely
    2. Restart macOS
    3. Remove ~/Library/Containers/agilebits, ~/Library/GroupContainers/agilebits, ~/Library/Preferences/agilebits and Restart macOS

I still see the same behavior.

• 1safe093
    1safe093
    Community Member

Same issue on my side; the plugin loads as it will ask you to load a 1password login while entering an account or password.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@seanzxx, @1safe093:

Is the 1Password inline menu (the one that appears when you click directly in a form field) working for you instead?

• 1safe093
    1safe093
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana yes that is working for me. However, unlocking only works via de main menu in Safari (not unlock with the inline option).

I'm happy to do some more testing if required.

• seanzxx
    seanzxx
    Community Member

There are two issues:
    1. The inline unlock doesn't work.

1. The inline menu works while being asked to turn on the safari extension
  • 1safe093
    1safe093
    Community Member

That is the same issue as I have, but if you unlocked it in the main app; it will work in the browser (as shows above at @seanxx)

• WildCat
    WildCat
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

When I pressed CMD + \ to trigger 1Password, it always show this screen.

1Password Version: 7.6
    Extension Version: 7.6
    OS Version: 11.0 Beta (20A5364e)
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @WildCat! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• SpookyMacSpook
    SpookyMacSpook
    Community Member

I don't think this is a 1Password issue. I'm using 7.7-BETA8 and the inline menu completions appear just fine (but I get the same message as above when clicking the toolbar icon or using the keyboard shortcut).

The only other extension I use is AdGuard - and clicking on the toolbar icon for that also gives a message that the extensions are not enabled. However, they clearly are enabled and still working properly.

My conclusion is that Safari in the latest Big Sur beta either has some issues, or some changes were made that mean updates are required to extensions that have toolbar icons. However, there's nothing in the release notes that suggest either of these things.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@SpookyMacSpook:

My conclusion is that Safari in the latest Big Sur beta either has some issues, or some changes were made that mean updates are required to extensions that have toolbar icons. However, there's nothing in the release notes that suggest either of these things.

I think you might be right. I am also using 7.7-BETA8, but I am on Catalina 10.15.6 at the moment, and I have never managed to get this message to appear for me. So far I have only seen this in Big Sur beta.

• That part (the inline menu showing as locked when it is not) is a known issue. We hope to have that fixed up soon. :+1:

Ben

• 1safe093
    1safe093
    Community Member

Awesome @Ben don’t leave us devs in the dark taking the BigSur jump :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We will do our best so this doesn't happen @1safe093 ;)

• 1safe093
    1safe093
    Community Member

I know. I’ve been with you for years. Never been let down! I cheated with Dashlane, came back quickly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1safe093:

And it's good to have you back :D

• shampoo
    shampoo
    Community Member

I have a similar issue.. But, the workaround is if I completely quit 1Password and then restart, it works fine. However, I have to repeat this process after every reboot. I am on:

1Password 7
    Version 7.7.BETA-8 (70700008)
    1Password Beta

Thanks

• r8ders2k
    r8ders2k
    Community Member

@ag_ana That (finally) worked for me as well.

• jkratz
    jkratz
    Community Member

I'm using 1password 7 on the Big Sur beta 6 (public beta 3) and quitting 1pass completely from the menu and restarting it fixed the Safari issue for me.

• jkratz
    jkratz
    Community Member

Just to note after a bit more testing. After I restart of the machine and logging back in I have to "quit completely" again before it works, every time. Which is odd since I just restarted the machine and haven't done anything as of yet.

• (thread moved to our Mac Beta category and merged with existing thread on the topic)

Thanks for the reports on this, folks. :+1: We're looking into this.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.