1PW 7.7b8: Cannot delete existing fields in items

kriro
kriro
Community Member

Steps to produce

1. Open an existing item of type "Software License".
  2. Click "Edit" button.

Expected behavior

I should be able to delete existing fields, and see or change their data type.

Actual behavior

1. No (-) buttons are displayed on any existing field.
  2. No field type popups are shown for any existing field. Only new field placeholders have a type popup.

Additional information

This bug is present on all items except for the following types: "Logins", "Secure Notes", "Databases".

1Password 7
Version 7.7.BETA-8 (70700008)
1Password Beta

1Password Version: Version 7.7.BETA-8 (70700008)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6 (19G2021)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @kriro

I appreciate the report. This isn't something on the radar at the moment I'm afraid. We're working on a way to build more flexible templates (currently in beta, available for 1Password Business accounts), but at present if you wish to have fields other than what is available on the built-in templates you may want to consider using customized Secure Notes for that purpose:

I realize that some of the apps may allow for this, while 1Password for Mac doesn't, and that the inconsistency can be frustrating. The way we currently build the apps makes these sorts of inconsistencies inevitable. For the next generation of apps we have a different approach we're going to try with a common core built on Rust. There will still be differences in the apps for various platforms, but that should help minimize them significantly. Fingers crossed.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#1855

This discussion has been closed.