Forum bug? Multiple edits (temporarily?) deletes forum comments

Backspaze
Backspaze
Community Member

In reference to this and this thread/post I've noticed what seems to be a bug in the forum that deletes a post if you edit it two times in a short time.

I'm using Firefox 80.0.1 (64-bit).

Steps to repeat:
1. Find a thread and post a new comment in it.
2. Edit the comment shortly after posting it.
3. Edit it yet again.

When I click on Save Comment after the second edit, the whole comment goes up in smoke and in its place is the usual text box for typing a comment. As you can see from my comments in the linked threads above, the lost comment seems to restore itself a while later, but I'm not sure how long that takes. I'll try and actually repeat this in the next comment in this thread to see if I can grab some screenshots.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 (18363.1016)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Test.

EDIT1.

EDIT2.

EDIT3.

EDIT4.

EDIT5: And of course it doesn't occur now...I've had this happen in the linked thread in the OP above, and it happened in this thread a short while ago. I posted a comment and edited that comment twice in short succession and the comment is nowhere to be seen now. I've looked in my drafts, accessed the thread from different browsers and incognito mode but it's gone. But since the original comment, that caused me to notice this bug/feature, returned from the dead a while later I guess we'll see if this one does too.

• Hi @Backspaze

Thank you for reporting this. I'm not in a position to get into a lot of detail on this, but I can say that yes this can happen, it is expected, and it is part of the forum's spam mitigation system. The content is not lost, and is available to our team to review and approve/deny. I apologize for any inconvenience it causes but it is an important component in keeping the forum clean. We generally check the review queue a few times per day to approve anything that was flagged but is legitimate.

Hopefully this post helps explain what you've seen. :+1: :)

Ben

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member

@Ben
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I suspected something like that, but wasn't entirely sure, hence why I created this thread. Hopefully my latest comment in this thread will be restored sometime soon then.

• Hopefully my latest comment in this thread will be restored sometime soon then.

Done. Thanks. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.