1Password X Rich Icons & it's database

Ok, so I have just duplicated Bank ABC's entry to populate few other Bank's data. And all of the new entries have an icon from original Bank ABC. Is there a way to edit it this or upload my own custom rich icon? I could do this on desktop app from what I remember.

It would be really good if people can suggest an icon to 1 Password's rich icon database. I love my rich icons but 1 Password just doesn't recognise lots of services I use. And my list is a mess, some have rich icons, some don't. I know it's a small thing but it makes a difference visually if all of my 242 items has a suitable rich icon.

Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.21.0
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ankitanks ,
    Thanks for writing in about this!

You can add rich icons to your login items as follows:
    1. Click your 1Password extension in the browser to open its window on the top right corner.
    2. Select the login you'd like to add a rich icon to and click on "Edit" at the bottom.
    3. A new tab will open where you can edit the login's details. Click the login's icon on the left of the username/password fields and a Finder window will open, allowing you to select an image from your computer to upload.

As for suggesting rich icons, as far as I recall this is indeed possible. Feel free to email us with the details to support@1password.com. Make sure to write a short description of what you want to do, and links to the rich icons you are suggesting (and the domains they belong to).

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member

Hi Yaron, awesome. Good to know the instructions. Thank you. I actually tried finding the instructions on the web, but no luck. Is it possible to just delete a rich icon which is already there? For me finder window is opening but no option to delete anywhere or may be I am just blind.

What do you mean by "what you want to do"? Sorry I didn't quite understand. I just wanted some of Australian Government websites I regularly use, to have a rich icon. I will surely compile a list and send it over to you guys.

Does auto grabbing rich icons also work for things that are not "Logins"?

Thank you once again for detailed response.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

Hey @ankitanks ,

There's currently no way to delete a rich icon, only to replace it. If you want a rich icon removed, you'll have to delete the login item and recreate it.
    As for sending us an email, by "What you want to do" I meant you should write a short description of why you are sending that email (like the contents of the initial message you wrote here on the forum explaining your issue with rich icons :) ). While it seems obvious, sometimes users send us a blank email with a list of files without explaining why they sent that email :)

Rich icons are only fetched for login items as far as I know.

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member

Great I will do that. Thank you. Have a great day/night.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

You too @ankitanks :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.