Settings issue on Mint 20

SystemSystem

Team Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: 🎉1Password Development Preview 0.8.5.

Comments

• Appreciating your Linux efforts Savanni ... Looks like a lot of good functionality so far on ver 0.8.5.

Sure you are aware of the settings fail.

Linux Mint ver 20 user here

• MikeTMikeT Agile Samurai

Team Member
    edited September 10

Hi @bluebeardxxx,

Thanks for taking the time to report this.

I'm not able to replicate the issue on Mint 20 with 1Password for Linux 0.8.5. For me, Xed opens the setting file on Mint.

1Password for now opens your default text editor for the .json file extension when you ask for 1Password settings and if you don't have a text editor for that file extension, it won't do anything.

You can also open it directly at ~/.config/1Password/settings.json if you want.

• My son Sean Foster provided this link with Linux install instruction ...

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/114964/1password-for-linux-development-preview

Installed on or about Aug 4th,,, my understanding that release was a non functional mock up so I never attempted to use it.

Yesterday I noticed Linux Mint found a new release Ver 0.8.5 & installed it so decided to try is out. Started fine and all my data looked good.

Attaching PNG file with the script returned by selecting settings ... left sidebar ...top item....account name ....drop down

Appreciating your Linux efforts Savanni ... Looks like a lot of good functionality so far on ver 0.8.5.

Sure you are aware of the settings fail.

Linux Mint ver 20 user here

• Response to both your messages --- concatenated to first message to Savanni

(my first use of your support forum )

Team Member

Hi @bluebeardxxx,

I've split our conversation into its own thread here.

In your screenshot, it shows the setting file opened in your text editor. That is how it works right now as we don't have a UI implemented to manage your settings but it is coming in a future update.

For now, you have to insert your own settings you want in that file. You can find more details in our help guide here: https://support.1password.com/cs/getting-started-linux/#manage-your-settings

• Thank you for the update Mike

As updates roll out I will keep a look out

Grateful for the ongoing dev work

Team Member

You're welcome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file