Family member can't see any shared vaults

Options
slarge
slarge
Community Member

I just started a family plan trial and have added one family member so far. In addition to the Shared vault, I set up another vault to share between us. There are items in both vaults and the website shows her as a family member with full access to the vault I created. When she opens 1Password7 on her Mac all she can see is her own personal vault. I've been going through all the settings and googling and I can't find anything that helps.

What do we need to do or how can we start over?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• slarge
    slarge
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, she somehow set up a personal trial account instead of connecting to the family one. I was able to add the family account to her app and I'm now having trouble getting rid of the personal one, which is now just confusing things.

• slarge
    slarge
    Community Member
    Options

Alright found it. Whew! Not a great start.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slarge! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for the updates so far. I am glad to hear that you managed to get things sorted out already. It is definitely important to make sure you all use the same Families account: if you end up creating separate accounts for each of you, those won't be able to communicate for security reasons.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

I’m having similar issues. When I tried to join the family, I was asked to create an account. I did this but cannot see shared items. How can I add the family one to account (using Mac)?

• Hi @Gambs

After you've created your account inside the 1Password Families membership, before you will be able to see any shared vaults, the Family Organizer must approve you.

After each account is set up, you’ll receive an email notification. Click the link in the email to confirm each account.

(from Share passwords in 1Password Families)

You can find instructions on how to add your 1Password Families account to 1Password for Mac here:

Get the 1Password apps

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, I received email notification and clicked on link. I then had to set up an account. After setting up account, Family organiser said that he had approved my access, but still cannot see anything he shared. Thx Gambs

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gambs:

Is this happening in one of the 1Password apps or on the 1Password.com website?

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

On the app.

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

I have also checked website and can see no evidence of the vault that has been shared with me. I noticed that another member had had similar problems because they had set up an individual account, which I was prompted to do. Can I add the shared folder to my personal account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gambs:

I have also checked website and can see no evidence of the vault that has been shared with me.

Thank you for the confirmation! Can you please double check with your family organizer that they actually added you to this vault? By default in a 1Password Families account, only the default Shared vault is shared with every user automatically, but every other vault must be explicitly shared by the account admin.

Can I add the shared folder to my personal account.

No, vaults are stored inside a specific account: if you have more than one 1Password account (for example, a Families and an Individual account), you cannot share vaults between separate accounts.

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Will follow up with him.

• Please let us know how it turns out, @Gambs. :)

Ben

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

Still trying to resolve. Do you need to enter the master password in order to access the shared account?

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

We have managed to get somebody on through the family share, but not me. The host hadn’t ticked the box to access the shared folder, but has now done that, but the shared folder has not appeared in my vaults. Any other suggestions?

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

Went back to invitation to try again, but it says that I have already accepted the invitation. Do I have to delete my account and start again? Is it a case of authorised devices. Looking at the other person’s account on the host’s site it shows IPad as an authorised device, whereas I don’t.

• Gambs
    Gambs
    Community Member
    Options

Gave up. Have deleted account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gambs:

Do you need to enter the master password in order to access the shared account?

Yes, you need to enter the Master Password every time you login.

Looking at the other person’s account on the host’s site it shows IPad as an authorised device, whereas I don’t.

I wonder if you are actually looking at the wrong account. If the other person's account shows his devices as authorized, but yours don't show up and you don't see the vaults there, I think you are perhaps logging in to another account.

Gave up. Have deleted account.

Understood, and sorry to hear that. If you would like us to take a look at your account situation, we will be happy to do that via email so we don't share account information on a public forum. If you decide to give this another try, please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.