Attachments don't migrate: moving from stand-alone (v6) to family account (v7).

gendalf
gendalf
Community Member

Greetings,

Question:
What is a proper procedure to migrate from stand-alone (iCloud sync) v6 to Family account (v7) so that attachments get moved as well?

Problem:
The "wizard" process I followed migrated only 6 attachments in "Documents" out of 106. I have a total of ~1200 items in my vault.

Details:
I bought a new Macbook and decided to start with clean slate.
Which also involved migrating to v7. I've been on v6 up until yesterday and the only thing that didn't work for me -- no more extension support in Safari.
So I decided to bite the bullet and got Family Account.

It's a clean MacBook with Catalina.
Downloaded 1P v7, signed in.
I was promoted to copy over my old data. v6 was on iCloud sync, so I presume v7 had access to data.
I was prompted to copy my data, and got all my items over.

Problem:
only 6 out of 106 attachments made it into "Documents" section.

Fortunately I found a temporary work-around:

• went into Preferences\Accounts
  • Removed "Family Account"
  • Select "iCloud sync" option on initial welcome screen

I now have iCloud vault showing.

After that I went into Preferences\Accounts and added Family Account.

I now have both accounts on my sidebar and can go back to iCloud vault when I need attachments.

with kind regards,
Dmitry

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gendalf!

If you select some of the items with attachments in your iCloud vault, and move them from there to your new Families vault, are you able to move all 106 of them?

• gendalf
    gendalf
    Community Member

Yes, copied over ok.
    I started to think of how I would deal with duplicate items "with\without" attachments.
    Came to a simple conclusion:

• deleted everything in new vault
    • copied over everything from iCloud vault.

Thank you for the idea!

• On behalf of Ana you are very welcome. I'm glad to hear you were able to find a solution here. :+1: If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• joeyoungboston
    joeyoungboston
    Community Member

I have the same issue. I'm using latest macOS and 1p7. Migrating from 6 to 7. None of the attachments have been uploaded to 1p online account. Only non-attachment type entries have been uploaded. I have waited for long time for the sync but the only thing I got is the migration tool saying "all set". I still can see attachments in the 1p 7 app but nowhere else.

• @joeyoungboston

Attachments are part of the old Primary vault setup. Documents are a part of 1Password.com memberships. Do you see a section in the sidebar called Documents? The Attachments would have become Documents. Does the Documents section contain the items you are looking for?

This discussion has been closed.