Site coming up as incorrectly supporting tfa

Hello - Watchtower is advising that a site (help.realvnc.com) is coming up as supporting tfa, however this is not the case. RealVNC's core site (realvnc.com / manage.realvnc.com) does support tfa, however the subdomain "help" does not. It is also worth noting that the help.realvnc.com has separate login credentials to realvnc.com.

Thinking this was an incorrect listing in twofactorauth.org, I rased a bug on github and received the following response:

"Our listing is for realvnc.com not help.realvnc.com. We don't list zendesk portals on twofactorauth.org"

I cannot find an appropriate place in 1password support to raise this bug - please assist.

1Password Version: 1Password X 1.21.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ubuntu 20.04 / Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:tfa

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

Hey @chamaelion ,
    Thanks for reporting this!

I'm forwarding this to our team and will let you know if we require anymore information on the matter in order to handle it.

ref: dev/web/watchtower.1password.com/-/issues/49

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

@chamaelion , I filed this as an issue in our internal system and hopefully it will be addressed in a future update.

For now, you can add a new tag into that logging item called 2FA, and it will remove the Watchtower notification.

• chamaelion
    chamaelion
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_yaron - I will follow your advice and keep an eye on upcoming releases to see when the fix is included.

For future reference, what is the most appropriate way to inform 1Password when a site is being incorrectly shown as supporting / not supporting 2FA?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@chamaelion:

I will follow your advice and keep an eye on upcoming releases to see when the fix is included.

Sounds good!

For future reference, what is the most appropriate way to inform 1Password when a site is being incorrectly shown as supporting / not supporting 2FA?

This forum is a good way to do it :)

This discussion has been closed.