Wont accept Master password - question on uninstalling app

Mattwill
Mattwill
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Editing for clarity:

After using 1 password with the same master password for a decade, suddenly today it stopped working. I have my master password, and my secret key.

I followed all the steps (cap lock, notepad etc), and I certainly did NOT forget my master password, (ive probably entered it thousands of times so I have no idea why it isn't working. An app update?

Oddly, it will not work in the browser OR the desktop app. This is infuriating, and so I am trying to find how to reset the thing with my secret code emergency kit, but learned now i must need my master to use it, except it claims this is wrong.

I can access it on my phone with finger only.
Two questions: 1) Has this ever happened before? I seriously doubt It is possible to change your master so easily by mistake? I am so confused what is wrong so assume the app got corrupted somehow
2) That said, if i uninstall the app, i assume my data will be resyced into the 1password cloud once i reinstall. Before i do this step I want to get feedback

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows10
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

Hi @Mattwill! Welcome to the forum!

I don't think I have ever seen this before.

I am so confused what is wrong so assume the app got corrupted somehow

While this might be, this would not explain why your password also does not work on the website either. Both could not get corrupted at the same time, so I don't think that's what happened.

Do you see the same behavior after a reboot?

• Mattwill
    Mattwill
    Community Member

I rebootted and it works fine now. Resintalled plug in. I felt i was being gaslighted for a moment!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Mattwill! I am glad to hear that everything looks fine again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.