onelogin OTP with 1P

rhornsby
rhornsby
Community Member

I don't really know what a "SCIM" is, but I'd like to just be able to use 1P to complete the OneLogin OTP challenge. It seems like the OneLogin QR is some kind of proprietary format?, because the 1P QR scanner doesn't recognize it.

I see a bunch of different "1P is partnering with OneLogin!" things, but they don't seem to address this question as much as some kind of business-level integration between the two products. That's obviously not what I'm looking for.

Is it possible to use 1P to generate a OneLogin OTP? thx

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:onelogin otp

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rhornsby!

I assume you are referring to this blog post? For this integration to work, you need the 1Password SCIM bridge so it can connect to OneLogin.

But it looks like what you are trying to do is something different: 1Password can scan all QR codes if they follow the TOTP standard. If 1Password cannot scan a QR code generated by OneLogin, it's possible that they are using something proprietary instead. Do you happen to know if this is the case?

• rhornsby
    rhornsby
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana. I can only guess that our OneLogin isn't following the TOTP standard. It's a thing where when you try to log into a OL-protected resource, it sends a push notification to your phone. If you just randomly open the OL app you get a 6 digit numeric code - some kind of TOTP. That made me think it must be able to work with other TOTP providers.

I had hoped that maybe 1P knew something I was doing wrong or I didn't about how to make it work :) I'll go bug my IT guys again. thanks for your help!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rhornsby:

It is possible that they are doing something proprietary: in their documentation page, I cannot find a mention of TOTP, for example. so your IT guys might certainly know more about it :) Keep us posted!

• rhornsby
    rhornsby
    Community Member

Quick followup -

I finally asked about this, and the IT guy who runs our OneLogin stuff just had to set a flag on my account to enable "Authenticator" as a 2FA option. It is something separate/different from the OL QR code that's presented to sync your phone's OL app.

Once that happened, I went into my OL settings, added a factor of "Authenticator" type, and 1P was able to scan the TOTP QR code. Works great now!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @rhornsby! That's great to hear :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.