On the instacart android app, I can auto-fill the email, but not the password

nickey239
nickey239
Community Member

hi!

I'm trying to use 1password autofill on android on the instacart app, but I'm having some issues.

When I long press on the email field on the first page of instacarts sign in workflow I can select 1password and fill the email.

However on the password field in the next page of the sign in flow and click autofill, it says "no autofill suggestions" so I need to go to the 1password app and copy the password, which is annoying to say the least.

Does anyone know how I can solve this?

I've tried turning autofill and accessibility on and off in the 1password settings in the app and the problem still persists.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @nickey239. I'm not getting quite the same experience as you. In the Instacart app , I'm seeing both the username and password fields on the same page, but it sounds like you're seeing these separated onto two pages on your end, correct?

I am having trouble filling with Autofill enabled, but with just Accessibility enabled in 1Password's settings, I'm able to fill both fields here. Can you let me know if you have both Autofill and Accessibility enabled?

• nickey239
    nickey239
    Community Member

hi :)

That's strange, I am seeing it on two pages!

I have both autofill and accessibility enabled, should I have autofill disabled?

• @nickey239 I don't think you need to disable Autofill, as you'll need to then re-enable it to fill in other apps. I'll report this problem to our developers. In the meantime, try using drag and drop to fill here.

• nickey239
    nickey239
    Community Member

@peri That makes sense regarding autofill.

Thanks for your help and I'll try out the drag and drop feature!

I've been making due with copy pasting, but maybe drag and drop would be easier :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of peri, you are very welcome @nickey239! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.