Sync issues with iCloud on Mac

spammity
spammity
Community Member
edited September 2020 in iOS

I have been a user of 1Password since the beginning, IMO, the attempt to always add options and forcing subscription models has turned this into crap. Now my iPhone has a primary vault that syncs to iCloud and my Mac syncs to who knows what. My most important info on my phone doesn't even show up in my Mac syncing.

So before I head off to another app that hasn't attempted to 'improve' into oblivion, I figured I'd give one more shot at getting this figured out. I want to control my info. I don't need it stored on agile bits servers. I want to control where it is stored and who has access to it. It seems to me that is no longer an option. It actually sickens me that there is a web interface that I can log into to see my most important info, because if I can log into a server and see it, then that means it can be hacked, and since people KNOW that agile bits is in the BUSINESS of storing private information, that has to make them a huge target of hacks.

That gripe aside, why can I not get my phone info to show on my Mac the way it used to, and why do I have FOUR flipping versions of every login on my Mac now????

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @spammity!

Now my iPhone has a primary vault that syncs to iCloud and my Mac syncs to who knows what. My most important info on my phone doesn't even show up in my Mac syncing.

It sounds like you configured different sync methods on your devices, or at least different vaults. If you open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > Sync, what is your current vault set to sync to?

That gripe aside, why can I not get my phone info to show on my Mac the way it used to, and why do I have FOUR flipping versions of every login on my Mac now????

This seems to confirm my suspicion that you created multiple vaults. If you open your list of vaults in your Mac app, do you see only one vault or more than one?

• spammity
    spammity
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, ag-ana. Yes, there are multiples. It turned into a mess when I moved from the standard app to the subscription.

• spammity
    spammity
    Community Member

Is there any way to export a vault from iOS?

• spammity
    spammity
    Community Member

They are obviously syncing by different methodologies. The problem is, I can't get them on the same page. iCloud is not even an option on my Mac. Yes, I do have iCloud enabled for 1Password. Thx.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spammity:

Thank you for the confirmation. If you switched to a subscription, we typically recommend using 1Password.com to sync your data, rather than a third-party cloud. However, it sounds like you still want to store your data in the cloud, but on iCloud rather than 1Password, is this correct?

Once we know where you want to store your data, it will be easier to suggest the right steps for you to bring everything in sync :+1:

• spammity
    spammity
    Community Member

Yes, I would like everything to be in iCloud at this point. Honestly, I'd really like the option to only locally sync via wifi, but I don't believe that's been an option for quite some time. Is that correct? Thx again!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spammity:

Depending on what platforms you use 1Password on, WLAN sync might still be an option:

How to use the WLAN server

But you are right that it's not available everywhere, so it might or might not be an option for you. To check how your current Mac is configured, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com. It's going to be easier to take a look directly at how you configured 1Password for Mac at this point, rather than keep asking you questions :)

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• spammity
    spammity
    Community Member

Message and attached report sent.

Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@spammity:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: MAH-46645-831

This discussion has been closed.