credit card completion does not work on Apple (Canada) site

garyhooper
garyhooper
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

When making an online purchase from the Apple Canada store, attempting to fill my credit card info from 1Password fails. (I need to manually enter card number, expiry date, CCV code.)

1Password Version: 7.7 BETA3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @garyhooper!

What version of the 1Password browser extension are you using, and in which browser?

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member

Firefox 79.0, 1Password extension 4.7.5.90. Below is the HTML element for the card entry, if it's helpful.

Please enter a valid credit card number.
    Please enter a valid expiry date.
    Please enter a valid security code.
  • garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member

Well, the HTML element paste did not work. Let's try this.

<div class="as-creditcard-input"><div class="rr-formatter"><div class="form-textbox is-error"> <input value="" aria-required="true" aria-labelledby="recon-0-177-label " aria-describedby="recon-0-177-error" aria-invalid="true" data-autom="card-number-input" type="tel" maxlength="16" class=" form-textbox-input" id="recon-0-177" name="recon-0-177" required="" autocomplete="off"><span aria-hidden="true" class="form-textbox-label"><span id="recon-0-177-label" class="as-textfield-label">Credit/Debit Card Number</span></span><div><div id="recon-0-177-error" class="form-message-wrapper"><span>Please enter a valid credit card number.</span></div><div id="recon-0-177-warn" class="form-message-warning"><span></span></div></div></div></div><ul class="as-creditcard-cardimages"><li data-logo="VISA" aria-hidden="true" class="as-creditcardlogo as-creditcard-cardimage"><span class="visuallyhidden">VISA</span></li><li data-logo="MASTERCARD" aria-hidden="true" class="as-creditcardlogo as-creditcard-cardimage"><span class="visuallyhidden">MASTERCARD</span></li><li data-logo="AMERICAN_EXPRESS" aria-hidden="true" class="as-creditcardlogo as-creditcard-cardimage"><span class="visuallyhidden">AMERICAN EXPRESS</span></li></ul></div><div class="row form-textbox-sidebyside"><div class="column large-9 small-12"><div class="rr-formatter"><div class="form-textbox is-error"> <input value="" aria-required="true" aria-labelledby="recon-0-178-label " aria-describedby="recon-0-178-error" aria-invalid="true" data-autom="expiration-input" type="tel" maxlength="5" class=" form-textbox-input" id="recon-0-178" name="recon-0-178" required="" autocomplete="off"><span aria-hidden="true" class="form-textbox-label"><span id="recon-0-178-label" class="as-textfield-label">Expiration MM/YY</span></span><div><div id="recon-0-178-error" class="form-message-wrapper"><span>Please enter a valid expiry date.</span></div><div id="recon-0-178-warn" class="form-message-warning"><span></span></div></div></div></div></div><div class="column large-3 small-6 as-creditcard-securityfield"><div class="rr-formatter form-tooltip-textbox-wrapper form-icons-focusable pattern-tooltip-after-textbox"><div class="form-textbox is-error form-tooltip-right-textbox-wrapper"> <input value="" aria-required="true" aria-labelledby="recon-0-179-label " aria-describedby="recon-0-179-error" aria-invalid="true" data-autom="security-code-input" type="tel" maxlength="4" class=" form-textbox-input" id="recon-0-179" name="recon-0-179" required="" autocomplete="off"><span aria-hidden="true" class="form-textbox-label"><span id="recon-0-179-label" class="as-textfield-label">CVV</span></span><div><div id="recon-0-179-error" class="form-message-wrapper"><span>Please enter a valid security code.</span></div><div id="recon-0-179-warn" class="form-message-warning"><span></span></div></div></div><div class="rr-tooltip form-tooltip form-tooltip-show form-tooltip-after"><button data-trigger-click="focus" aria-label="How to find the CVV" aria-describedby="recon-0-183" class="form-tooltip-button"><span aria-hidden="true" class="form-icons form-icons-info19"></span></button><div><div role="tooltip" id="recon-0-183" class="rr-materializer rr-materializer-hiding rr-materializer-hidden"><div class="form-tooltip-info form-tooltip-pointer-right"><div class="form-tooltip-content"><div><div class="as-creditcard-cvv as-creditcard-cvv-generic"></div><p class="form-tooltip-title">How to find the CVV</p><p class="form-tooltip-content">Visa and Mastercard cards display the three-digit CVV number on the back of the card, to the right of the signature.</p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

• Hey @garyhooper. I was able to reproduce this issue and have reported it to the development team for investigation. I'm sorry you ran into this, but I appreciate your bringing it to our attention!

ref: apple-4936

• Hey @garyhooper, it looks like this was resolved in a recent update. If you make another purchase anytime soon, let me know if you run into further troubles. :smile:

• garyhooper
    garyhooper
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc It filled in card number and CVV, but not the date, so still broken. Using 7.7.BETA8.

• Hey @garyhooper sorry about the confusion on my part — I tested in the wrong browser this most recent time. In Firefox/Chrome, indeed, the expiry date doesn't fill (in Safari it does). Thanks for catching me on this; I've reopened the issue internally.

ref: dev/core/core#2814

This discussion has been closed.