Windows hello integration for 1Password X

Hey there,

I was wondering if / when windows hello integration for the 1password X will be available? I know that there is a companion extension for the desktop app but the X version is superior in so many ways that I'd rather type in my master password and feel extremely sad every time than use the companion app.

Thanks,
David

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 1.21
OS Version: Win 10 2004
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password x windows hello

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Navarot! Welcome to the forum!

We don't have a timeline to share at the moment, but our developers are aware of the request :+1: I have also added your feedback to the internal discussion so they know you would like to see this too ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#255

• Navarot
    Navarot
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana :)

Does this mean that despite not having a timeline, it's the plan to add this feature, or it's not even decided on yet?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Navarot ,
    It is definitely our plan.

We had a beta test version of the integration between 1Password X and the Mac desktop app of 1Password, but we recently removed it because, amongst other reasons, we want to build it from the ground up so that other platforms will be able to utilize it as well. You can follow this discussion if you'd like to get notified on the progress.

• Navarot
    Navarot
    Community Member

Hey @ag_yaron

Thank you guys, that sounds good! I might then even join the beta program ^^ Do I get notified about changes if I do so?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Navarot ,

You can install 1Password X beta right now if you'd like and get all the newest fixes and features before they reach the stable version. When the extension updates, it notifies you that it was updated and you can read what's new after you click that notification, or by simply reading the changes in our update log.

You can also follow that discussion where we announced we removed the integration from the beta, we will also announce progress there.

• Navarot
    Navarot
    Community Member

Thank you, that sounds good! I just installed it :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

That's great @Navarot !
    Make sure you remove/disable the stable version so you won't have two 1Password X extensions working simultaneously.

Enjoy your new 1Password X beta, and do let us know if you encounter any issues with it here in the forum or via email :)

This discussion has been closed.