when trying to install on Mac laptop, I get error message SSL error has occurred

patross17
patross17
Community Member

I entered all account details, and "a secure connection to the server cannot be made". When I check OK to "Would you like to connect anyway," nothing happens.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ssl not secure

Comments

• @pattross17

I have seen a few of these lately, and often it's due to the OS needing an update. Can you check for any updates and install any found? Make sure also to give the Mac a restart.

• Borotra
    Borotra
    Community Member

I am having the same problem

• Hi @Borotra

Could you please let us know which version of macOS and which version of 1Password you have installed?

Ben

• Borotra
    Borotra
    Community Member

macOS 10.15.6 1Password 7

Thanks

• Thanks @Borotra. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/572807/#Comment_572807
    • Your forum username: Borotra

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.