“Error loading the 1Password extension”

d_limiter
d_limiter
Community Member

Hello,

I have suddenly had a problem with 1Password. I’m on 7.6.3 and it has been working fine on my iPad (iOS 13) for a long time. Recently, I have been getting the following error when trying to use 1Password to fill in logins in Safari.

I currently am unable to use 1Password in safari. The app itself loads fine standalone.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @d_limiter

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. A restart of the device should resolve this:

Restart your iPad - Apple Support

Additionally you may want to consider using Password Autofill for filling data from 1Password into Safari. You may find this more convenient than the share sheet extension. :)

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• d_limiter
    d_limiter
    Community Member

Also, I forgot to mention, I get random pop-up requests for touch-Id 1Password authentication as I use the iPad.

• @d_limiter

I believe a restart may help with that as well, but please let me know if it does not. :)

Ben

• d_limiter
    d_limiter
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick response. Nope, a restart hasn’t helped :'(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@d_limiter:

Can you please elaborate on the Touch ID issue you reported? Do you mean that you see the Touch ID prompt even when you are not using 1Password, while you are using other apps?

• d_limiter
    d_limiter
    Community Member

Yup, It’s pretty random. Happens fairly frequently when I switch to Safari. For example, it just happened again. I was not trying to use 1Password or log into anything. See below.

• d_limiter
    d_limiter
    Community Member

@Ben, I do use auto fill, but when it does not come up, I’m forced to try the share sheet.

• Hey @d_limiter

I'm sorry to hear a reboot did not resolve the issue. The next time you see this problem please note the date & time, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPad:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115843/error-loading-the-1password-extension#latest
    • Your forum username: d_limiter
    • The date & time the problem occurred

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• d_limiter
    d_limiter
    Community Member

Thanks for the responses. Problem is solved! While restarting the iPad did not work, force quitting safari did.

• Odd! :) Thanks for the update. Please do let us know if the problem reoccurs.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.