Desktop app integration for cli

jeizsm
jeizsm
Community Member

Hello. Do you plan desktop app integration for CLI?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jeizsm! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please elaborate? Is there anything specific you would like to do with the CLI that would require desktop app integration?

• jeizsm
    jeizsm
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, It's not anything specific, I'm just lazy to type the password every time

• I see: so, looking to have the CLI and the desktop app lock and unlock together. I can certainly see how that would be a time saver! I'm not aware of any current plans like that but I'll be happy to suggest to the team that it be something we look into. :+1:

Ben

• ben_geels
    ben_geels
    Community Member

I'm looking for something similar myself. OSX/iterm2 has this built in but it would be nice to have this driven of of the 1password store and also work with linux/terminator. In iterm2 you can do:

1.) opt+cmd+f ( opens password manager )
    2.) search bar is in focus so you can immediately search without taking your hands off the keyboard
    3.) match on credential automatically selects it
    4.) hit enter ( password is chosen and injected into the terminal )

Bonus: It detects if the terminal isn't prompting you for a password and has you verify before injecting immediately after clicking enter.

Best part of this, no mouse, no arrow keys.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

This is definitely a cool idea @ben_geels !

Hopefully we'll be able to consider it down the road after we accomplish our main roadmap. Thanks for the info and suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.