App called Buddhify, cannot autofill the login details, nor get a suggested password.

bernie01
bernie01
Community Member

I select the login field, but I do not get a prompt to use a suggested password, nor do I get any autofill option.
App is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lvlup.buddhify

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Buddhify

Comments

• bernie01
    bernie01
    Community Member

Device is Samsung Galaxy S9.

• Hi @bernie01!

Is this the only app you're experiencing autofill trouble with?

I would recommend checking your Autofill settings first, if they're correct and you're still experiencing the same issue, turn them both off and on again.

Check your Autofill Settings:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password
    2. Click the Settings tab at the bottom > Autofill
    3. Make sure both Autofill and Accessibility are turned on

Let me know how this works for you. :)

• bernie01
    bernie01
    Community Member
    1. No, there is at least one other app that has the same issue (Australian Super) but some other apps work fine with autofill
    2. All the options under Autofill (4) are turned on.
    3. I turned Autofill off but can't seem to turn Accesibility off; when I swipe the Accesibility switch it opens up a long list of seemingly unrelated options. Turned Autofill on again, and still have the same issue.
  • bernie01
    bernie01
    Community Member

Update: may have replied too soon.
    1. On the login page, I long press on the 'email' field and 'clipboard' comes up, also three dots.
    2. I tap the 3 dots and it says 'Auto-fill'
    3. I tap on Auto-Fill and a popup says "Contents can't be Auto-filled.

Maybe this is because I haven't set up a 1Password entry properly, but if it doesn't prompt me to use a suggested password or save these details to 1Password how can I?

• Hi @bernie01, thanks for trying out my suggestion!

The Accessibility option in 1Password uses your device's Accessibility options to allow filling. When you enable/disable Accessibility, it will open your device's accessibility options. You may need to click into Installed Apps to find 1Password, but it should be in there.

Some apps are created in a way that password managers are unable to determine that login information is needed, so it can't prompt you to fill in your login information. There are a few apps that we know have similar issues and that we are working to fix. Would you mind doing some tests for me?

Test Autofill:
    2. Settings > Autofill
    3. Turn on Autofill and turn off Accessibility
    4. Attempt to log into the Buddhify and Australian Super app
    5. Let me know what happens

Test Accessibility:
    2. Settings > Autofill
    3. Turn on Accessibility and turn off Autofill
    4. Attempt to log into the Buddhify and Australian Super app
    5. Let me know what happens
    6. Turn Autofill back on

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device: ## Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android) .

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+android@agilebits.com.
    With your email please include: A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115869/app-called-buddhify-cannot-autofill-the-login-details-nor-get-a-suggested-password#latest, your forum username: bernie01, the results of this test, and a Google Play link to the Australian Super app and any other apps you've experienced autofill issues with.
    You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics report. :)

• bernie01
    bernie01
    Community Member

Thank you ag_preet, here are the results:
    Test Autofill:
    1. Tap email, 'Clipboard' and 3 dots come up. Tap clipboard, nothing happens. Tap 3 dots, Auto-fill comes up. Tap Auto-fill, popup says 'Contents can't be autofilled. (NB To turn off accessibility it is Settings>Accessibility>Installed services>1Password>Off which took me a while to work out).

Test Accesibility
    1. Tap email, 'Clipboard' comes up. Tap on Clipboard, nothing happens.

I will now create the diagnostics report and email along with the details requested above.
    Will update with case number ASAP.

• bernie01
    bernie01
    Community Member

Received email from Peri Ahmadi
    Charms Master @ 1Pas...
    Report number is: [#NXD-84667-995]

• Thanks for emailing! If you need anything further, please reply in the email thread.

This discussion has been closed.