1Password extension vs Microsoft Edge browser on Mac OS Catalina: RESULT_CODE_BAD_PROCESS_TYPE

mariozaizar
mariozaizar
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Mac

Hello,

1Password extension is crashing the latest Microsoft Edge browser on Mac OS Catalina.

The browser shows RESULT_CODE_BAD_PROCESS_TYPE error code, and it won't load any page or even the settings page.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOuxpQAm

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6 (19G2021)
Sync Type: 1Passwod
Referrer: forum-search:edge chromium

Comments

• mariozaizar
    mariozaizar
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mariozaizar!

What version of the 1Password for Mac app and of the 1Password browser extension are you currently using?

• mariozaizar
    mariozaizar
    Community Member

I'm using 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store.

I can't check the 1Password browser extension version since the page is just not loading.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mariozaizar:

Thank you for the confirmation. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? I would like to understand if this is caused by a problem with the extension, the browser, or the 1Password app, so this might help understand that.

• mariozaizar
    mariozaizar
    Community Member

I did, I had an open ticket with support around this issue (#AAS-17622-451) and they recommended that. The problem persists. I haven't tried restarting the computer tho (that was their last suggestion). I will post again after I do it.

• mariozaizar
    mariozaizar
    Community Member

Magic, the issue is no longer present after restarting the computer. *facepalms *

Thanks for the follow-up! I think this can be closed/solved now.

Cheers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @mariozaizar! I am glad to hear this :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.