1Password is Completely Freezing

jpartain89
jpartain89
Community Member

I'm currently on the latest macOS Big Sur beta that came out today, and when I try to use 1Password at all, it is completely freezing and locking up on me when I try to unlock 1Password.

Have yet to try any other troubleshooting at this time.

This is a screen recording of the issue

Comments

• t1g3r
    t1g3r
    Community Member

Same here when invoking 1Password mini

• mikestecker
    mikestecker
    Community Member

Yup. Works fine launching standalone, but when evoking the Safari extension or mini from the menu bar, it freezes. I have to go into Activity Monitor to kill it.

• All,

Thanks for the feedback. There will very likely be a new beta tomorrow that resolves this.

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Awesome

• doetraar
    doetraar
    Community Member

Pro Tip for anyone else hit by this Big Sur / 1P glitch: Launch 1P and disable the command \ keypress in Preferences -> General -> Keyboard Shortcuts. If you don't, your muscle memory will make you scream ARRRGGGHHH over and over. Each force-quit of 1P and restart and re-entry of incredibly long master passphrase takes quite a bit of time. Beta be beta, but good to know someone's already looking at this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• shampoo
    shampoo
    Community Member

Ya.. Same here.. I have been trying by completely closing down 1Password.. Relaunching.. Uninstalling, reinstalling.. I can't seem to find that magic combo that gets it to work.

• shampoo
    shampoo
    Community Member

Ya.. Same here.. I have been trying by completely closing down 1Password.. Relaunching.. Uninstalling, reinstalling.. I can't seem to find that magic combo that gets it to work.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@shampoo:

The next beta should address this ;) Please let us know what you find out then!

• shampoo
    shampoo
    Community Member

I just upgraded and at first it wasn't working correctly.. I kept getting the message that I had to enable the extension.. But after closing everything completely and starting over, it appears to be fixed. Thanks !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @shampoo! I am glad to hear that things are working fine again :)

• jpartain89
    jpartain89
    Community Member

Works great! Thanks for the quick update!!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you as well for the confirmation @jpartain89 :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.