How to I delete a file or note in a password category such as Bank Accounts

bwaldron
bwaldron
Community Member

I have forgotten how to add a file to a category like Bank Accounts, for example. I have not deleted or added note etc to my items since i have had 1Passwrd 7.

I am not sure if something changed in the program but I cannot fugure it out. Can you help me? Thank you

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X v. 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to I delete a file or note in a password category such as Bank Accounts

Comments

• Hi @bwaldron

You can read about how to manage Documents in 1Password here:

Save important files in 1Password

Note that all Documents are added to the Documents category (i.e. not Bank Accounts)... but you can link from an item in another category to a Document:

Link related items in 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

Thank you very much. I have 2 additional question in regards to linking. #1 When I link a document from Secure Note to Banking does this increase the number of Gigabytes on my account? Do the gB go up the same as if I added a new document ? i have an individual with 1 GB

2 How can I check on my GB usage? I would like to have an idea of the GB i am currently using. Thank you again

Sincerely Bev

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

@bwaldron:

1 When I link a document from Secure Note to Banking does this increase the number of Gigabytes on my account? Do the gB go up the same as if I added a new document ? i have an individual with 1 GB

Uploading a document to 1Password uses up some space, but once it's inside 1Password, linking to or from it from another item will not use more space.

2 How can I check on my GB usage? I would like to have an idea of the GB i am currently using. Thank you again

I don't believe there is currently a way to see this in the apps themselves at the moment, but if you want to reach out to us privately via email at support+forum@agilebits.com, we can take a look and let you know that way :)

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

Thank you very much. All my questions are now answered about linking. I would like to email you in regards to you looking into this.

I will copy/paste link in this correspondence into a new email. I hope that is the right way to do this. Thanks so very much.
    Bev

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bwaldron:

Emailing us a link to this discussions is a good way to do this :+1:

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• bwaldron
    bwaldron
    Community Member

[#TMU-58275-866]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bwaldron:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: TMU-58275-866

This discussion has been closed.