Works with Chrome ONLY if there's already a window open.

2»

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@godbout:

Understood, thank you for the update. Perhaps this is something we will be able to address in a future generation of 1Password though :+1:

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

alright, thanks for your time.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

7.7.1 beta6 + latest Safari, now 1Password doesn't open a new window/tab when i select an item in 1Password Mini. as before, neither Chrome nor Brave work either. any update? thanks.

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Version 7.8.1.BETA-2 (70801002)
    1Password Beta

none of the browsers open. Chrome, Safari. Brave. ☹️🥺️

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@godbout:

Thank you for the updates! I am afraid we don't have anything new to report on this since last time: we have discontinued development of the classic browser extension, and all of our development efforts are now going towards the new 1Password in the browser extension instead.

Therefore, our recommendation would be to either switch to the new extension or, if you would like to keep using the classic extension, to change your workflow to open a browser tab first, and click on the extension button there, instead of doing this from the 1Password for Mac app first.

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

ah what a sad news. i like keyboard typing, and default mac keyboard shortcuts. the 1Password browser extension doesn't allow to use the standard Ctrl+n/p to go down/up the list of logins to use. that makes me have to use the trackpad/mouse or the arrow keys. the UX is therefore pretty bad. what a pity. i loved 1Password for what felt like its native functionalities. going full browser is such a downer for me. thanks for the time again.

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

ok so i was going to install this "new extension" and it happens that i have it already for both Safari and Brave. it's just that i need to click 2/3 times in different places in order to make the thing open a site and fill in the login and password. i can't believe this is thought to be better than a keyboard shortcut with the macOS app. surely i must be missing something.

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member

using the browser extensions, in both Safari and Brave, after i've reached the 1Password UI (that already requires a couple of clicks in Brave's case), i still have to click 4 to 5 times on an item for it to be open in a browser tab.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@godbout:

it's just that i need to click 2/3 times in different places in order to make the thing open a site and fill in the login and password.

The new extension works a bit differently that the classic one, and relies less on keyboard shortcuts: when you visit a website and click on the username field, the new extension will show you an inline menu right below the field, with the logins for that website. You can then click on the entry to fill it on the form :+1:

i still have to click 4 to 5 times on an item for it to be open in a browser tab.

Can you share with us the steps you are following to login to a website? We will be happy to give you some suggestions to improve the workflow.

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

The new extension works a bit differently that the classic one, and relies less on keyboard shortcuts: when you visit a website and click on the username field, the new extension will show you an inline menu right below the field, with the logins for that website. You can then click on the entry to fill it on the form :+1:

thanks for confirming. yes, this is my biggest issue with the latest versions of 1Password. need to click into input fields, need to click again for login, or use the arrow keys to choose as the standard Ctrl+n/p doesn't work (i ended up building an app to get Vim binding for the whole macOS just to be able to select my login using more standard keys...). i've reported the issue almost two years ago so i think it's time for me to accept that this is the direction 1Password has decided to go, as you're confirming also. personally i find this being a huge setback. 1Password was allowing me quickly to open and to login into my sites. now i have to wrestle with my mouse and my keyboard and my browsers to get something working. huge, huge disappointment (again, for me. seems i might be the only one so all good on your side!)

Can you share with us the steps you are following to login to a website? We will be happy to give you some suggestions to improve the workflow.

i was screenrecording but 1Password when into beachball mode twice, so i gave up. i'm getting rid of using the 1Password Mini and shortcuts directly, and will go back to login in through the integration with Alfred.

thanks again for your time. i get it now that 1Password will not solve this and has decided to go in the opposite direction. i'll move my own way. this topic can be closed now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @godbout, thank you for the feedback! I know the new extension is receiving a lot of development, so all of these suggestions are very useful! Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts, even though I understand your preference still lies with the classic extension. I am hoping that in the future we will be able to let you enjoy the new extension as well.

This discussion has been closed.