1p mini (pop-up) freezes while navigating items on Mac

mishamsk
mishamsk
Community Member

Hi,

Not sure when, but 1p pop-up window keeps freezing after I open to auto-fill (via hotkey or pressing the extension button in Safari) and try navigating using arrow keys. It doesn't matter if I try to move "into" a default item to copy-paste smth., or try to move to the next item in the list. It just freezes, cursor changes to the spinning wheel and then it unfreezes in 3-7 seconds. Very annoying.

Help, please!

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1p family

Comments

• iuse1password
    iuse1password
    Community Member

I have been experiencing similar behaviour as well. Though, it's not just on the pop-up window but the main app as well for me. I've noticed that the freezing occurs most often when first unlocking the app or if adding/editing any item in my vaults. But if I am not making any changes, then it seems to be ok most of the time. It is very annoying and help would be appreciated!

• mishamsk
    mishamsk
    Community Member

@iuse1password glad to hear I am not the only one))) I guess I just do not use the main app often enough to notice.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mishamsk!

Sorry to hear about this. Can you please try following the instructions that my colleague Ben posted here to send us some logs? We can definitely take a closer look and see if we can find out why this is happening to you :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@iuse1password:

Thank you for chiming in here! Can you please confirm what version of 1Password you are currently running, and on what operating system?

• iuse1password
    iuse1password
    Community Member

@ag_ana , sure. I am running 1Password version 7.6 and Mac OSX 10.15.6.

• mishamsk
    mishamsk
    Community Member

@ag_ana hey, thanks. just sent the diagnostics and process sample + my observations. Reference #: [#XZK-33355-437]. I'm copy pasting the observations here too just in case:

"So I've tried to "catch" the sample when 1p was unresponsive. I couldn't reproduce the most annoying behavior - when the pop-up window freezes after navigation (it did on the first try but then wouldn't freeze on navigation). However, 1p main window first froze when I pressed tab (again, didn't catch it and it stopped reproducing), but then it froze for like 20 seconds when I tried to close the window by clicking the window red dot.
    So all in all, it just becomes unresponsive from UI interaction all the time, although the interaction triggering it is changing."

Also it looks like the problem described on that thread you've linked to is essentially the same I have...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll continue the conversation via email. :)

ref: XZK-33355-437

This discussion has been closed.