Safari 14 and 1Password 6

DeeEye
DeeEye
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Mac

Hi all
I use 1Password 6 as I purchased a license and I do not want the monthly subscription with 1Password 7. I just upgraded to Safari 14 and downloaded the 1Password extension. When I downloaded the extension it downloaded 1Password 7 and then I was prompted to "Switch from the Agile Keychain format". I immediately stopped as I do not want to migrate anything to 1Password 7.

Is it possible to use 1Password 6 with Safari 14 as an extension?

Thanks

1Password Version: 1 Password 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.6
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DeeEye!

1Password 6 has been discontinued and has not received updates for 2 years now, so it won't work with Safari 14 I am afraid. I should note though that 1Password 6 was already incompatible with Safari 13, so this is not a new change: when Apple discontinued the Safari Extension Gallery (which was what 1Password 6 was using for the extension), 1Password 6 could only work with other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox.

You can read all the details in this forum announcement.

If you don't like subscriptions, have you considered purchasing a license for 1Password 7?

• DeeEye
    DeeEye
    Community Member

That's a shame...actually didn't try Safari 13, but with 14's new features I was considering making the switch. Good to hear there is new a license version for 1 Password 7, I'll look into this but right now my 1 Password 6 does what I need. Cheers

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @DeeEye, thank you for the update! Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything we can do to help :)

This discussion has been closed.