1Password X crashes Microsoft Edge into oblivion

I can't even uninstall the extension because of the exact same reason presented here -> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum/msedge_crash-msedge_macos/1password-extension-crashing-microsoft-edge-with/42409132-4932-48ec-aae6-2dfae4a3bef2?tm=1600419537395

When edge starts up 1Password crashes everything.

The latest version of 1Password I guess and latest version of Edge (just tried with the latest). What can I do except re-install edge completely?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: No idea I can't see it
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mhenrixon!

When edge starts up 1Password crashes everything.

Can you please elaborate on this? For instance, how do you know that it's 1Password that is causing this?

For reference, in case this is the same issue, the user who reported it solved it by rebooting the computer, so since it worked for them, I wonder if you could give that a try and see if it helps you too.

• mhenrixon
    mhenrixon
    Community Member

I found another thread, 1Px was not the cause it just appeared that way. It seems after installing Safari 14 the Mac needs a restart for edge to work again.

Absolutely do not ask me what weird fuckery that is all about but I really appreciate the assistance.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mhenrixon! And thank you for the update, I am glad to hear that everything is working fine again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• mmanning
    mmanning
    Community Member

@mhenrixon I thought so, too. But, then I quickly realized it was Microsoft Edge. Don't get me wrong, I love the browser for the most part, but the thing is truly a wrecking ball whether I am using it on an iPhone, Mac, or Windows computer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @mmanning! I am sorry to hear about the difficulties with Microsoft Edge, but I am also glad that 1Password itself is working as expected :P

• mhenrixon
    mhenrixon
    Community Member

Thank you @mmanning, I only use edge for work really. I sometimes have weird problems with Microsoft Teams and Edge on my Mac's but for the most part it works fine. Friend of mine said he had the exact same problem with Chrome a while ago so I guess a shame they didn't decide to go with Firefox engine instead :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

It would have certainly been interesting to see a Firefox-based Microsoft Edge though, now that you mention it @mhenrixon :+1:

This discussion has been closed.