ATT did a reset on my phone, now 1Password will not accept Master Password HELP

Options
mtunnell
mtunnell
Community Member

ATT did a reset on my account. Now I cannot log into 1Password with fingerprint or master password, which I know I am entering correctly (also based on the hint) PLEASE HELP

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password suddenly not accepting my password SOS

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mtunnell!

ATT did a reset on my account.

Can you please elaborate on this? Specifically, what account are you referring to?

• mtunnell
    mtunnell
    Community Member
    Options

I updated my phone to iOS 13.7 and immediately had difficulty sending group messages that included a combination of iOS/Android (which is the case with a family group thread). Kept getting the "Try Again" error message. I called ATT tech support, and after exhausting all possible fixes ATT recommended an account reset on their end, which seems to have fixed the text issue, but subsequently I discovered that I could not log into my 1Password account, despite having successfully done so using my fingerprint only a few hours prior to the ATT reset. I have NOT reset or forgotten my Master Password, am 100% positive of the accuracy of my Master Password as well as accuracy in typing it in, and the "Hint" confirms it. No way to know if the iOS update is connected to suddenly being shut out of the 1Password account, but the timing is certainly coincidental. At this point I deleted my 1Password app in an attempt to get back in, but to reinstall I have to now buy the app, and I simply want access to my old single license account. I never was required to create/use a Secret Key on my old account. I'm guessing at this point I'm out of luck, unless someone at the 1Password tech support end can get into my account using my (confirmed, unchanged) Master Password. Part of the urgency regarding this issue is the fact that I had stored all Passwords related to my elderly mother's accounts, with no way to easily recreate. PLEASE HELP.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mtunnell:

At this point I deleted my 1Password app in an attempt to get back in, but to reinstall I have to now buy the app, and I simply want access to my old single license account.

When you launch 1Password for the first time after installing it again, you don't need to purchase a subscription or create an account to get a Secret Key. You just need to select were your data is currently stored (for example, on iCloud or Dropbox), and you will be able to continue the configuration of the app :+1:

• mtunnell
    mtunnell
    Community Member
    Options

I can't access the data I already had stored. That's all I'm trying to do, using the Master Password. But the Master Password suddenly stopped working, despite having made no changes.

• @mtunnell

Deleting the 1Password app from your device would also delete all 1Password data from your device. Unless using a 1Password account, we do not store your encrypted data, but it is possible that you had set up syncing with a 3rd party. Did you have that data synced? Did you have a 1Password account (subscription) set up, or were you syncing with Dropbox or iCloud? If you had not set up syncing for your data, and were not using a 1Password account, you may be able to recover your data by restoring a backup of your device, however this may also reintroduce whatever problem AT&T fixed by resetting the phone. If restoring the backup of the device does bring the 1Password data back, but it also causes the AT&T issue to reoccur, you can sync your data (using these instructions), re-do the reset, and then sync 1Password with the same source.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.