To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Lost 2-factor authentication

peterpan575859
peterpan575859
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Memberships

I restore my phone but I forgot to backup Microsoft Authenticator. Then I can't sign in my account in website and phone now.
I don't save login session on web browser so I can't turn off 2FA. How to reset 2FA

1Password Version:7.6.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version:IOS 13.4
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @peterpan575859! Welcome to the forum!

There is another option if you don't have an active If you have added your 1Password account to a Mac or another iOS device and you can sign into your 1Password account on that device you can turn off 2FA there:

Mac

Open and unlock 1Password on Mac.
    Select 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Click your account, then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

iOS

Open and unlock 1Password on iOS device.
    Tap Settings > 1Password Accounts. Tap your account, then tap Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

Please be sure you have the latest version of the apps. Please let us know if this helped!

• peterpan575859
    peterpan575859
    Community Member

I have added 1password on only my iPhone, but I reset all data on my phone. So I can't log in 1password

• @peterpan575859

In that case we'd need to put you in touch with our security team for further assistance. They can be reached by email at support+security@1password.com. With your email please include a link to this thread (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115929/lost-2-factor-authentication#latest). They will be able to help get you sorted out. Thanks!

Ben

• peterpan575859
    peterpan575859
    Community Member

Thank you so much @Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are very welcome! Looking forward to continuing the conversation via email :+1:

This discussion has been closed.