Have to Autofill twice with Firefox on iOS

Options
jeffcraighead
jeffcraighead
Community Member

For quite a while now, on any website, using 1P to autofill a user name and password in Firefox for iOS requires me to go through the process two times (Hit the Passwords option on the keyboard, Choose 1Password..., Type in my master password, select the password entry to fill) before the user name and password get pasted into the form fields. This behavior has been present across many iOS and 1P updates.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jeffcraighead

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Does this same behavior occur for you with passwords saved in iCloud Keychain, rather than 1Password? I just tested filling my login for this forum using Firefox on iOS with a password saved in 1Password and it filled successfully on the first attempt. I don't have access to iOS 13.7 anymore though — I'm running iOS 14 on everything, so that may be a differentiating factor as well.

Please let me know what you find.

Ben

• Brente8934
    Brente8934
    Community Member
    Options

I am running 12.4.8 on an iPad (can't upgrade further) and 13.7 on and iPhone 11. Same problem but on Safari and Chrome.

• Hey @Brente8934

Could you please try with iOS 14 on the iPhone 11? If the problem still occurs there, can you please let me know:

1. Does it happen on this page: http://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin in Safari?
    2. Is 1Password the only option enabled in the Settings app under Passwords > AutoFill Passwords?

Thanks!

Ben

• Brente8934
    Brente8934
    Community Member
    Options

I'll try in a few days. Not ready to trust iOS 14 yet. I will check your other suggestions. now.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.