How to consolidate Primary vault with 1password family vault

arielle
arielle
Community Member

Hi, I've been using 1password for a long time. Recently I switched to a 1password family account and I've started to realize lately that passwords I've created on my iPhone or iPad aren't showing up on the vault on the computer. I've now realized that my iPhone was set to save new items to the primary vault, which doesn't exist on the computer and the primary vault has 23 more items than the family private vault.

How do I figure out what those items are so that I can copy or move them to the family private vault and then remove the primary vault so that I don't continue having issues in the future?

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 7.5.3
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:consolidating primary vault

Comments

• Hi @arielle

I'd be happy to help get that into a good state for you. To get started I think it would help to sort the items in your Primary vault on the iPhone sorted by 'date created.' This should give us a good idea of which items we need to move over. To do that:

1. Open and unlock 1Password on the iPhone
    2. Tap Categories
    3. In the top left hand corner use the vault switcher to switch to the Primary vault
    4. Tap All Items
    5. Tap 'Sort By' then tap 'Date Created' and 'Most Recent to Oldest'
    6. Tap Done in the top right corner

You should now see only the items in your Primary vault, and they should be listed with the most recently created items at the top. You can then select any items created since creating your 1Password Families membership (it sounds like that would be the top 23 items), and then move them to your vault in the family account:

https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/?ios#move-or-copy-items-in-the-apps

Once everything is in the correct vault, you can delete the Primary vault:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#ios

I hope that helps! Please let me know how it goes. :)

Ben

• arielle
    arielle
    Community Member

That did it. Thank you!

• You are most welcome. Glad to hear that sorted it. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.