Issue with subdomain for thewaltdisneycompany.com

Options

I tried to autofill my credentials at https://privacychoices.thewaltdisneycompany.com/sv-SE but 1Password X refuses to do so and trying to use 1Password Mini crashes the main app.

As you can see in the screenshot below 1Password X correctly recognizes the account but clicking it doesn't do anything except that it flickers a bit. Using keyboard shortcuts doesn't make any difference.

1Password Mini is inconsistent but ultimately always crashes the main app and never manages to fill any credentials. Using the keyboard shortcuts the mini window sometimes shows up and sometimes it doesn't and if I click on the add-on icon in Firefox the main app just crashes.

1Password Version: 7.6.782
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 (18363.1016)
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Backspaze ,

If I understand correctly, you're experiencing two different issues here. One of them is that 1Password X doesn't do anything when you try to autofill on Disney's website, and the other issue is that the old companion extension causes your 1Password 7 desktop app to crash. Is that correct?

I'd like to start with the 1Password X issue.
    I went to the link you provided here and saved a new login on that page, then refreshed it and tried to autofill - it worked pretty well. Here's a video of my test.

I'd like you to check and see if you are able to autofill on any other websites, to make sure this issue only occurs on this particular website and is not a general problem with your 1Password X. Please try autofilling on any other website and see if it works properly.
    If autofilling works well everywhere else, then I'd suggest we try creating a new login item for that website:

1. Delete the current login item for this website from your 1Password.
    2. Go to the login page and save a new login like I did in my video.
    3. Refresh the page and try to autofill using that new login you just saved.

Did that help?

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    edited September 2020
    Options

Hmm, I haven't received any notification about replies in this thread. I've always got email notifications before and there's nothing related to this in my junk mail. There's also no new notifications about this thread in the top bar on this site. I haven't made any changes to my notification settings. Unless this was just a one time error, I've got yet another issue to troubleshoot.

Yes, they are two separate issues like you described, but what they have in common is that neither app can fill the credentials, not even 1Password mini before it crashes. The crashing issue is now resolved as it's described in the latest beta update.

1Password X works just fine on all other sites, but neither 1Password X or 1Password mini fills any credentials on this site. Since it works for you I'm guessing the issue is that my account isn't created on this site. My account is a Disney+ account created at https://www.disneyplus.com/sv-se/sign-up and I only added https://privacychoices.thewaltdisneycompany.com/sv-SE as a secondary website for the object in 1Password for it to be able to fill the credentials on that site as well.

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, I've confirmed that if I add the object to 1Password via this site like in your video I can fill the credentials with both 1Password X and mini. I've also found why the issue occurs.

When I created the object with 1Password X from this site it added yet another website URL to the object: https://cdn.registerdisney.go.com. That was the key to the whole thing. Without it 1Password X just shows the credential in the drop down menu but doesn't fill anything, but if you add the URL to the object, everything works.

I've always been able to just add more websites to a 1Password object for it to be able to fill credentials on those sites as well, so this is the first site where I've ran in to this issue.

...Now about those missing forum notifications, any pointers as to why they stopped coming? I guess we'll see if they start working when @ag_yaron or someone else replies to this thread.

• Hey @Backspaze. Did you get a notification for this? :smile: I'm glad to hear that your login works now.

• Backspaze
    Backspaze
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, @ag_michaelc, I got a notification by email and there's an unread notification in the top bar on this site, so it seems to have been a one off error.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know @Backspaze .
    Glad to hear all is well now :)

This discussion has been closed.