Safari beta?

How we looking for a Safari beta for macOS Big Sur? Any progress on whether it's feasible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @christiaanb!

Can you please elaborate on your question? We already have 1Password 7 beta, with the new Safari beta extension, which you can already use on Big Sur. Are you looking for something specific?

• christiaanb
    christiaanb
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, yes sorry, more specifically I meant 1Password X beta for Safari.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@christiaanb:

Thank you for the confirmation! At the moment we don't have 1Password X beta for Safari (well, we don't have 1Password X for Safari in general). However, the latest beta of 1Password 7 and the extension is completely different, and looks and behaves much more like 1Password X in other browsers, if you would like to give it a try ;)

• christiaanb
    christiaanb
    Community Member

Ah I see. Great, thanks I've just installed it 👍🏼

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Great @christiaanb! Let us know what you think :)

• mrwiggles
    mrwiggles
    Community Member

You guys have made this very confusing. I'm using the latest Mac beta and extension but I can't use the new Privacy.com integration since I use Safari. Can you guys clarify how to resolve all this? So I have to choose an entirely different browser to use the Privacy.com features just announced?

• @mrwiggles,

Sorry for the confusion, 1Password 7.7.BETA-9 does not have Privacy.com support.

• mrwiggles
    mrwiggles
    Community Member

@rudy So then how does one use Privacy.com features on iOS? My understanding is that 1PX is entirely cloud-based, correct? No local store of passwords and data? But if you have 1P on iOS then are you also saying that I can't create or use Privacy cards from my phone?

I think you guys really should have done an FAQ on this given the complexity of the solution for existing customers. Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mrwiggles ,

As we mentioned in another discussion you asked about it, the Privacy.com integration is currently available only in 1Password X.
    1Password X is only available for the desktop version of Firefox, Edge and Chrome (and any other Chromium based browser).

Further integration with other browsers/apps/platforms will soon follow.
    I hope that clarifies the situation better :)

Thank you for your patience.

This discussion has been closed.