1Password offer to "Save your login?" AFTER you login and load the next page.

I have not encountered this feature here, but on other password managers there is a prompt to save login information on the same page as you type your Username and Password which 1Password also does but they also have a prompt on the Next page if you didn't save it to ask if you still want to save the information.

My use case for this would be for signing into an old account where you aren't sure of what the password is, so you do not tell 1Password to remember it when you are typing, but then it works and you are left without a prompt to save that information. Other use cases would be for quickly resetting passwords with a temp password or logging into an old account that I have memorized and I blow past the login page (which so far has been 9/10 times).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @CamMachi ,

1Password X does not have a save prompt after you've already left the page or sent the login form. You can save the newly entered password as many times as you want while you're trying to log in (simply click the "Save in 1Password" button every time and overwrite the existing login information), or you can go back to the login page after you've managed to log in, then save the correct credentials.

The advantage in this is that 1Password won't bother you with prompts and popups unless you tell it to, which is what we're aiming for. Specifically, some websites would trigger the old companion extension's save prompt on fields that are not login forms, causing a very annoying workflow disturbance for our users. Imagine 1Password popping up and asking you if you'd like to save the field every time you enter a one-time-code that you received by SMS from the website, and there's nothing you can do about it.

If you'd really like to have that feature regardless of the issues mentioned above, you can definitely install the old companion extension and remove 1Password X, but I think you'll find it is lacking both in features and in user experience if you're already used to 1Password X: https://1password.com/browsers/

I hope that clarifies the situation.

This discussion has been closed.