To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

left my job ,need to move private vault to a personal account , how?

Options
giada
giada
Community Member

Left my job yesterday, I work on a MacBook Pro (version 10.15.6) which is mine. I had 1password which my company was administrating with a shared vault (for shared work passwords) and a private vault (for my own personal passwords). I want to open a personal account with 1P and MOVE my private vault from my old work account where I can now still access my personal vault to my new personal one. What do I NEED TO DO?? This is VERY URGENT, can somebody help quickly pls.

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:left my company where we had 1P; need to move private vault to personal account callme 07769 690335

Comments

• We do not recommend storing personal passwords in a 1Password membership owned by a company. The company has the power to remove your access to that data at any time for any reason (including accidentally). Instead we recommend using a separate membership which you own to store personal data. Our 1Password Business offering includes a 1Password Families membership for each team member:

Get a free 1Password Families membership when you use 1Password Business

I see you also emailed us about this, and my colleague Juan has been in touch with the steps required to get your own membership set up and your data moved, but I wanted to share this information for anyone else who might stumble across this forum thread. We'll continue with the specifics for your case via email, and as such I'm going to close this thread. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.