Website not offering password

maquinn78
maquinn78
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a website I log into and have the URL in 1PW but when I go to it the system doesn’t offer to fill it in. This works on all the other sites I use. Do I report that here?

Comments

• Hi @maquinn78

I'd be happy to help. Can you please confirm for me that this is happening on an iOS device? Also, is it happening in Safari or another app? And what is the website?

Thanks.

Ben

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@Ben it is happening on iOS. I now tried on Win 10 Chrome with 1Password X and it offers the password but won't fill it in.

I'm probably the only person trying to do this but the website is http://www.tplinkwifi.net When you go to the site, I'm clikcing "Use TP Link ID"

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@maquinn78:

Do you know if there is a way to access that login form without having a TP Link router? I wanted to test the website, but when I visit it I see this:

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@ag_ana Ha, I didn't know that since I have one. No not to my knowledge. It's ok. I'm sure I'm about the only one who would run into this. I can copy/paste one site. Thanks

• ag_michaelc
    edited October 2020

Hey @maquinn78. I'm sure there are other TP-Link users out there. :smile: If you're willing, I'd love to get some additional details from you about the page, since we can't access it ourselves. Could you follow these steps to enable dev tools and send us some page details?

1. Open Chrome and go to chrome://extensions.
    2. Enable "Developer mode".
    3. Click the "background page" link for 1Password X.
    4. Run the following from within the "console" tab: localStorage.setItem("devtools", "Y")
    5. Click the reload button for 1Password X.

Then, load the page, and right-click the 1Password X icon in your toolbar, select Developer Tools, and choose "Collect Page Details". If you could then send those to support+extensions@1password.com and mention this forum post, we can get it filed for our developers to look into further. :smile:

Lastly, what is the exact behavior you see with 1Password X — does the inline menu appear properly but just not let you fill from it? What about the pop-up? I know you mentioned an issue on iOS, too; if we can get this fixed in 1Password X, there's a chance that this same fix may also help on iOS, when using the 1Password extension (https://support.1password.com/1password-extension-ios/).

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc when I do step 4 it replies "undefined". I also don't know where to click reload in step 5.

As far as behavior, yes the inline menu appears and when I click on it, it doesn't fill at all.

• Hey @maquinn78. The "undefined" is normal. I'm sorry about my wording for step 5 — you can toggle the extension off and back on, or you can restart the browser to reload 1Password X.

This discussion has been closed.