Syncing multiple vaults with 1Password.com

Hi,

I have a personal 1Password.com subscription, and I use my account in a Windows app and an iPhone app. So far I've only used the default "Personal" vault, and syncing works beautifully.

However I just added a second vault in the Windows app, and can't seem to find a setting to let it also sync with my 1Password.com account (i.e. I have the vault in Windows, and it works in the Windows app, but does not show when I log into 1password.com or in the iPhone app)

Is this something that's even supported?

Thanks

1Password Version: Latest Windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10, latest
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xpwn,

Sorry for the confusion!

It sounds like you created a local vault in 1Password 7 for Windows. Since it is a local one, it won't sync with your account. Please do the following now:

1) Remove your local vault from 1Password 7 for Windows (right-click it in the vault list and select "Remove vault").

2) Sign in to your account on 1Password.com in the browser and follow the steps here to create a new vault in your 1Password account:

Create vaults on 1Password.com

This option is not available in 1Password 7 for Windows yet, but you can create additional vaults on 1Password.com.

Please give it a try and let me know how it goes. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• xpwn
    xpwn
    Community Member

Hi Greg! Thanks for your response, I appreciate it.

Oh, right, this makes sense. So I'm just gonna nuke the local vault and create it on the website instead, gotcha. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @xpwn,

That is correct. :)

Let me know if you have other questions, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.