Wrong username value is used when autofilling

Options
Kepi
Kepi
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

I have a Login item that when autofilled into its login form, 1Password X uses the wrong value for the username.

The structure of the Login item is as follows:

• username: me@olddomain.com
  • password: my password

Then in an additional field I have

• e-mail address: me@domain.com [because the site doesn't allow for changing of the username of the account]

The Saved Form Details values mirror the two 'built-in' username and password fields, both in names and values.

When auto-filling with 1Password Extension in Safari, me@olddomain.com is entered into the login form :)
When auto-filling with 1Password X in Chrome, me@domain.com is entered into the login form :(

I can understand why 1Password X might grab from my custom e-mail address field since the placeholder value on the login form's input element is Email, but the behaviour is a) using the wrong address, and b) different from the 1Password Safari extension.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.22.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.6
Sync Type: Membership

Comments

• Hi @Kepi!

Jarek from the extensions team here :smile:. That's an odd issue. The value of the username in the item should definitely be filling here. I've tried making myself an item like what you described in a few different ways, but I haven't been able to reproduce this on my end.

Can I ask you to try making a new item and seeing if that fills correctly, following these steps?

• Go to the login page and enter the username and password you'd like to have filled
    • Use the "Save in 1Password" button to save a new item
    • Edit the new item and add the additional field titled "e-mail address"
    • Try filling this new item into the page

Let me know if that works for you!

• Kepi
    Kepi
    Community Member
    Options

Hey ag_jarek!

You're right, if I create a new login item with 1Password X, it autofills correctly.

However, if I create that new login item with 1Password Mac 7.6, and set the field type of the e-mail address value to Email, then 1Password X will use that field instead of username.

Interestingly, if I set the field type to Email via 1Password.ca (via clicking the Edit button in 1Password X), then the auto-fill will still do the correct thing. Further, if I enter the additional address online and leave the field type as Text and then change it to Email in 1Password Mac, it still works correctly.

I have to create the additional field value in the Mac app and set it to field type Email in the Mac app, and then X's autofill will do the wrong thing.

• @Kepi,

You're right, I was able to reproduce this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We should be able to get it fixed up soon.

• jd_lewin
    jd_lewin
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Aloha @Kepi,

We were able make the necessary improvements with our latest release to resolve this behavior. I hope the improvement treats you well!

🤙🏻🌴🌺

This discussion has been closed.