How can I kill the account popup in 1 Password 7? I have a license and not interested in an account.

PietervdS
PietervdS
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

How can I kill the account popup in 1 Password 7?
I have a 1Password license since 2014 and I am not interested in an account.

1Password Version: 7.6 (70600006)
Extension Version: 7.6 (70600006)
OS Version: OSX 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:account popup in 1 Password 7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PietervdS! Welcome to the forum!

If you have applied a license to the 1Password 7 app already, you should not see this popup anymore. Did you download the 1Password app from our website or from the Mac App Store?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PietervdS:

Thank you for the confirmation! Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you still see the same prompt now?

• PietervdS
    PietervdS
    Community Member

I have stopped 1 Password. I didn't find a "right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely". In Safari the menu bar is not at the top right of the screen and a right-click on the mini lets you customize the toolbar...
    A restart of 1Password delivers the account message again. So what is next?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PietervdS:

I didn't find a "right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely".

This is the 1Password mini icon I referred to:

A restart of 1Password delivers the account message again. So what is next?

Please make sure you try this again from 1Password mini now, if you see the icon at the top of your screen. Quitting and restarting 1Password normally does not completely relaunch the app, so it's important that we try this by quitting 1Password completely.

• PietervdS
    PietervdS
    Community Member

It's a pity. Yes, I found the correct mini and stopped 1 Password completely. After a fresh start, the message appeared again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@PietervdS:

If you open 1Password Preferences > Accounts tab, do you see an account added to the list perhaps?

If you don't see an account there in the list, can you confirm that you have applied the license to the app already? You can check this by selecting 1Password 7 from the menu bar when 1Password is open > License... entry.

• PietervdS
    PietervdS
    Community Member

I cannot find any Account in Preferences and - when 1Password is open - (a tab?) License in the menu bar neither.
    When I double-click my 1Password 7 license in Finder I get the message "This version of 1Password doesn't support licenses". Without an account I, cannot download the 'Free trial' or any other OSX app from the 1Password website.

• Hi @PietervdS

That message comes from the version of 1Password available from the App Store. The App Store version of the app only works with memberships. It does not work with licenses. Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Double click on your license file to apply it
    9. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    10. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

I hope that helps!

Ben

• PietervdS
    PietervdS
    Community Member

That helps, thank you both!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben too, you are welcome @PietervdS! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

Not sure if this is the same thing PietervdS was talking about earlier. I'd like to stop having this popup. Very skittish about Ben's suggestion. Although I think I'm not responding the proper thread.

• Hi @nathan187

How are you currently paying for 1Password 7?

Ben

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

yes, i am, i think. i bought it through a parallels bundle...and i remember subscribing or something.

• @nathan187

Do you have your membership added to this installation of 1Password. Can you open 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Do you have an account listed there?

Assuming the above to be a yes, do you see 1Password in the menu bar. Please open 1Password > Preferences > Browsers and make sure our helper extension is enabled.

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

you are correct...i do have an account....i am on a mac...didn't see anything about being enabled...but i think i'll be able to figure it out from here

• @nathan187

If you need us, we're here to help.

This discussion has been closed.