Inconsistencies In 1Password (Unlocking and Form Filling)

webmonk
webmonk
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have two things I've noticed that I'd like to see if there is a solution for, or at least a greater understanding of.

1) When I'm trying to fill a login and 1Password is not yet unlocked, sometimes it prompts me to enter my master password and other times it asks me for my PIN (Windows Hello). Why isn't it consistent?

2) It seems that the first time I try to fill a login after unlocking the app it can take upwards of 13 seconds before it completes. Afterwards it seems very responsive and fills immediately. Why such a delay?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @webmonk,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password! :+1:

I may have an explanation for the number 1, but I am not quite sure what is going on with the app performance. Let's start with Windows Hello.

The thing is that Windows Hello in 1Password 7 is designed in such a way that you will always have to unlock 1Password first with your Master Password, but for the rest of that computer session, you can use Windows Hello. Once 1Password is terminated or the computer is shut down, you'll have to unlock with the Master Password first before Windows Hello can be used again. Do you remember quitting 1Password completely or rebooting your PC between your sessions? Please let me know.

As for your second question, it is quite strange. If you open and unlock the main 1Password 7 app first and then try to fill a Login in your browser, does it fill your credentials faster?

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.