Where can I find the .opvault file? I only have an .agilekeychain file in my dropbox.

Ben28
Ben28
Community Member

Hi. I bought a new computer and I am trying to sync 1Password via Dropbox. 1Password indicates that the data is stored in the .opvault file but my Dropbox folder only contains an .agilekeychain file. Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Ben28

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community. :)

Agile Keychain is an older keychain format which is not compatible with 1Password 7. You should be able to convert that to an OPVault, though. What happens if you double click on the Agile Keychain? If that doesn't do the trick you may need to create a vault, if you haven't already, and then use the File > Import menu to import the contents of the Agile Keychain into it. Then you'd set up syncing for that vault.

On a related note, we're generally no longer recommending standalone vaults or syncing data via Dropbox. Instead, membership is the way forward with 1Password. You can read about the benefits of membership here. If you've already purchased a standalone license our billing team can be reached at support@1password.com and they'd be happy to help with the transition.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Ben28
    Ben28
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Nothing happens if I double click on the agile keychain. And it seems that I cannot create a vault as the menu is disabled until I have chosen how I want to import my data in the “welcome to 1Password” window. Is there another solution?

Thanks,

Benoit

• @Ben28

Have you added a 1Password 7 for Mac license to the app (1Password > License from the menu bar)? To create a vault you'd either need a 1Password 7 for Mac license or a membership. If you're using 1Password from the Mac App Store, you'd need a membership — licensing is not an option with the App Store version.

Ben

• Ben28
    Ben28
    Community Member

Hi,
    Maybe I don't fully understand your licensing terms. I have been using 1Password 7 on my iMac for a few years. Do I need to purchase another 1Password 7 license if I want to install it on my new laptop?
    When I open 1Password 7 on the iMac and I open the "Software Licenses" menu, I can see three 1Password "licenses" (v3, v5 and v6). I don't know why there is no 1Password7 license. I am using 1Password 7 on may iMac, iPhone and iPad.
    Thanks for the help.
    Ben

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Ben28:

Do I need to purchase another 1Password 7 license if I want to install it on my new laptop?

If you have a license for 1Password 7 for Mac already, there is no need to purchase a new one for a new Mac. But you do need to have a license for 1Password 7, because this was a paid upgrade: if you purchased a license for 1Password 4, 5 or 6 in the past, that license would not work to activate 1Password 7.

If you click on 1Password in your menu bar when the app is open > License..., what do you see in that window?

This discussion has been closed.