Introducing 1Password.community

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed this forum's new title: 1Password Support Community. Along with that we are also moving to a new URL: 1Password.community. We'll be making some other tweaks to make the forum more of a place where folks want to spend time and interact with other 1Password users, while continuing with a strong focus on customer and technical support provided by 1Password Team Members.

One of the features we'll be integrating as part of this community based effort will be weekly This Week @ 1Password threads. I'd encourage you to check those out (currently in the Lounge).

You may want to add the https://1password.community URL to a website field on your forum login item so that 1Password can continue to fill your credentials for you. Additionally if you have this page bookmarked you may want to update that as well.

We'd love to hear any feedback you have on these changes! :)

Ben

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

Looks like the rich icon hasn't been updated to point at https://1password.community just yet :wink:

• Good catch, @plttn! I've passed this on to the team. :sunglasses:

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Would it be possible to offer "This Week @ 1Password" as a blog with an RSS feed?

Or as a newsletter?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

The favicons still says “Forum” instead of “Community”:

• Hey @XIII. :)

Thanks for the tip about the favicon. I'm leaning toward leaving that, as it is still a 'forum.' The primary intention here was to move from AgileBits to 1Password. But we'll see. I'd be happy to be convinced otherwise. :+1:

As for This Week @ 1Password... one of the intentions is to encourage people to visit the forum and engage in conversations beyond issues / feature requests. I'm not sure a blog / RSS feed / newsletter would help us accomplish that. Is the primary reason for the request so that you can be notified when a new release is posted? If so I agree that would be handy... I'll have to do some research to see what options Vanilla provides us here.

Ben

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Is the primary reason for the request so that you can be notified when a new release is posted?

A combination of that and having them all in one place (RSS App Reeder) where I focus on reading.

But I visit this community regularly so I do not really have FOMO here... :wink:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:lol: :+1:

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member

Went to log in today and couldn't figure out why I didn't have a saved password for this site. Ugh. Maybe there could be a temporary notice on the redirect? And yeah, I miss the icon since updating the website URL in 1Password. Any ETA on that?

The favicon I see here is the same as the 1Password account login. I'd really like to see something different for the community forum site. It's helpful when I have tabs open for both at the same time. In the same vein, I hope the icon inside the app is going to be different than the one for 1Password accounts.

• Hi @toxalot

The goal is to add an equivalency to 1Password so that Login items for discussions.agilebits.com will be treated the same as 1password.community. We had hoped to have that completed prior to the transition but hit a roadblock. We'll be taking another look at it in the future as time allows.

As for the icon... let me see what I can find out about that. Thanks! :)

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

Hi,
    Would you also consider communicating with the Fortiguard team to tell them about your new forum URL ? My employer uses it as a web filter and you are blacklisted at the moment (reason : unrated). The old URL was accepted fine.
    Thanks,
    https://www.fortiguard.com

• Hi @tetardbleu

I've sent them a message through their contact form. Fingers crossed. :)

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member
    edited October 2020

Thanks a lot !

• Sure thing. :)

Ben

• @tetardbleu

I received a response:

Dear Sir/Madam,

The URI you requested for removal is not blacklisted in our system at the moment. Can you please send us more details where you find this URI is blocked by Fortinet?

Thank you for contacting FortiGuard Antispam Service.

Regards,

FortiGuard Antispam Service
    Fortinet Inc.

Perhaps it would be helpful if you could reach out to them directly with the details on the product you're using and what exactly you're seeing? Thanks!

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

well... I think the issue is that the product used is not "anti spam" but "web filter". I'll see if I can reach them within their warning page to correct this.

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

the form to use for whitelisting seems to be this one : https://www.fortiguard.com/faq/wfratingsubmit

• I'll see if I can reach them within their warning page to correct this.

Great. Thank you. :)

Ben

• the form to use for whitelisting seems to be this one : https://www.fortiguard.com/faq/wfratingsubmit

I made a submission using that form as well. :+1:

Ben

• tetardbleu
    tetardbleu
    Community Member

Apparently it worked great ! Thanks again !

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

• alvarlagerlof
    alvarlagerlof
    Community Member

What was the old url, because I think I might have saved a password there.

• alvarlagerlof
    alvarlagerlof
    Community Member

@Matthew_1P Ah, that explains why I couldn't find the password at all. The name was agilebits too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.