How to make 1Password X lock automatically

Options
tomjohnson
tomjohnson
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

login to master account allowed just by clicking suggestion in your dropdown box [not login to this forum, but into my account]. to make this clear, anyone could login into my account
https://my.1password.com/signin?landing-page=/profile

after getting this message. (happened multiple times ) "Your session ended after 15 minutes of inactivity."
I can get back in in a couple of minutes, or after many

it is not another password managers dropdown box, it has your icon. and all others are logged out
thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
windows OS Version:
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:automatic logon

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tomjohnson! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please elaborate? If I visit the URL you posted, I see an empty form:

So there is no way to login to your account without credentials there. What do you see exactly when you visit that page?

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

PLEASE ANSWER BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR THE WEEKEND. THANKS

u see a blank page. what i said is that is the url i am at when this happens

i would post a screen capture picture, but i do not want the remote possibility of someone being able to look in properties and see who it is from, even if it is redacted. (if there is a way for an anonymous screen capture tell me how to and i will. but really do not need to as i will describe fully below)

to explain, in your posted pic, i do not see what you see

line 1 is ''your session ended after 15 minutes of activity

line 2=a black and gray generic profile picture with 3 grayed out people
    on the right of that:
    "sign in to (my name is shown)
    below that is my email address
    below that is a code, i believe it is your emergency code. Starts with 2 digits, then dash, then 6 digits, then a long line of dots

line 3 (below the profile picture)
    "master password" just like in your picture above
    followed below that is a long white box just like in your picture above but at the end of that box is your icon

immediately below that white box is your dropdown box
    dropdown box begins with your icon on the left.
    to right of that dropdown are two lines
    first line says "1Password account (my name is inside parentheses)
    next line has my email address

there is another slightly grey line box under that
    icon at beginning looks like an atomic symbol followed by the word "Suggestions"

thanks

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member
    Options

Your 1Password.com vault contains your 1Password.com login information. If 1Password X is unlocked, then yes your 1Password.com account can be autofilled.

If you lock 1Password X:

The suggestion will no longer appear until you next unlock 1Password X.

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for working on that before the weekend.

but i am confused. i just now logged into the extension . which i think is 1passwordx
    It says , in settings "automatically lock ..." is green, so is set to on
    below is "lock system after idle for" = 10 minutes

however, i was away from computer for over an hour, and previous happened (could log in without entering a password) when i came back. thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomjohnson:

We can try a quick test: can you adjust the auto-lock timer to 2 minutes for the moment, and not touch the computer for 2 minutes? Did 1Password X lock if you did not touch it?

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

i set the lockout timer to 2 minutes on webpage, and to 4 [instead of 15] minutes on X.
    After 2 minutes X would still let me in

After 15 minutes neither would let me in.

so if it is now working, i need to know why the problem in the past.
    otherwise your manager is unusable as i cannot take a chance on leaving my computer

also, if i want to logout, instead of timed logout, [because i cannot keep them set to this short of time] are you saying i need to logout in two places. website and X ?

thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomjohnson:

also, if i want to logout, instead of timed logout, [because i cannot keep them set to this short of time] are you saying i need to logout in two places. website and X ?

1Password.com and 1Password X are two different 1Password clients, so they need to be accessed and locked separately. Can you please clarify why you are using both however? Do you find yourself using both the website and the browser extension at the same time?

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

i am new to using your programs. please clarify when i should use one, and when the other. windows, not mac. use chrome.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomjohnson:

1Password X is our latest version of the browser extension, designed to run entirely in the browser without the need to install the 1Password desktop app. You can read more about it here:

1Password X

The companion browser extension is our older browser extension, the one that required the 1Password app to be installed. Because 1Password X is an exclusive for 1Password subscribers, you would use the older companion browser extension if you don't have a 1Password account, for example.

But ultimately, it is up to you which one you choose: if you have a 1Password Membership, I recommend giving 1Password X a try :)

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

are you caling this https://my.1password.com/ the desktop app?

do you have 3 routes?
    i asked about the two you wrote about "1Password.com and 1Password X are two different 1Password clients, so they need to be accessed and locked separately. Can you please clarify why you are using both however? Do you find yourself using both the website and the browser extension at the same time?

looks like you answerd some thing different

so. what options do you have for windows and chrome. do not tell me about something that is old. i am not interested in anything outdated. and compare when to use each. and what does one do that other does not
    thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomjohnson:

so. what options do you have for windows and chrome. do not tell me about something that is old. i am not interested in anything outdated. and compare when to use each. and what does one do that other does not

Your best option will be 1Password X:

1Password X

This documentation page also gives you some more information so you can get familiar with it:

Get to know 1Password X

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

for my android phone, is best to use app, or best to use 1password url in chrome?
    thanks

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

not sure what happened that original post is repeated, feel free to delete that.
    i must have clicked when i should not have.
    for some reason, each time when i read ur post, and look at my possiblility to reply, the box is autofilled with my original post

also, for problems, when is it best to write here and when best for submitting a ticket? thanks

• Hey @tomjohnson. On your Android device I would definitely install 1Password for Android. You're welcome to contact us through any of our support channels, but for new questions (on the forum), it's best to post in the appropriate category, moving forward. :smile:

• tomjohnson
    tomjohnson
    Community Member
    Options

but what is the BEST support channel to use? post here or support ticket? or different for different things?

thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tomjohnson:

You can use whichever you prefer, there is no "best" one I think. Since you are here on the forum, you are free to continue posting your questions on the forum :+1:

This discussion has been closed.