Deleting search query leaves an empty list

Options
snegrus
snegrus
Community Member

Hello 1Password team,

Would like to report a problem.

When I open the mac app, type a search query, something simple like "amazon" then select all (by "cmd" + A or selecting using the mouse) and delete the query, the list of results is empty and I cannot access my entries. If I start typing again the results are back.

A similar thing happens when I delete the text. For example, I type "za", get some results (as expected), backspace to delete "a", I get the results for "z" (as expected), backspace and I still get only the results for "z" (instead of all results).

I would prefer to have all the results whenever the search bar is empty.

Thank you,
Stefan

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.5 (19F101)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @snegrus! Welcome to the forum!

I could not reproduce these issues in the latest beta of 1Password for Mac, so if there was a bug here, it would have been addressed already ;) But in the meantime, can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same behavior now?

• snegrus
    snegrus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana,

Thank you! Glad to hear it's probably going to be fixed in the next release. I tried your suggestion and the issue is still present.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know. You're also welcome to try the beta at any time:

https://support.1password.com/betas/?mac

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.