A lot of bugs.

Options
aphonic
aphonic
Community Member
edited September 2020 in iOS

Hello. I’m a long time 1Password user who recently switched to the new subscription model on the trial. Time to renew is arriving and I’m on the fence due to several big (imo) bugs. I’ll bold the relevant issues outside my conversation as this wound up being a book.

1) 1p will launch to try and fill. When it can’t find something and you want to browse - clicking in the text field doesn’t bring up the keyboard so you have to scroll. In my case I had the old agilebits forum saved under a different url.

2)1p fails to fill generated passwords on nee sites. Ironically an example of that is changing my password after recovery for this forum. I created a nee login with the appropriate url and then promoted 1p to create a nee login. After saving and filling the nee password field were blank. Usually I have to do the fill twice for the confirmation but in many cases it doesn’t even fill the first one. In this case it didn’t fill the first one even after returning a second and third time to try. Eventually I had to exit safari. Canopy to clipboard. Paste twice. This is a big step backwards form working integration.

These are two big usage bugs for me I can’t provide an example now for other keyboard problems but they’re pervasive 1 not jsut this one situation. I’d say 15-25% of the time I need the keyboard to activate (via safari or launching the app) it just doesn’t

This post is specific to iOS issues but windows is another huge problem for me - and I’ll post over in that forum with those problems. Because I use 1p predominantly to sync with windows that’s another big issue.

Is there any information or acknowledgement of the password filling or missing keyboard issues? Having recently lost my employment due to covid (absolutely not anyone’s problem here) I really can’t pay for the service if I don't have it working across all platforms.

On that topic is there a way to migrate the new vault back to one that works ore subscription should that become necessary?

Thank you for your time and I’d like to restate how much I have loved this program over the years - I have to say I’m unimpressed with the subscription version onward ( it the idea of a subscription as I recognise the need). It has seemed during my six month trial to be very hit and miss.

Comments

• Hi @aphonic

I'd be happy to help here.

1) 1p will launch to try and fill. When it can’t find something and you want to browse - clicking in the text field doesn’t bring up the keyboard so you have to scroll. In my case I had the old agilebits forum saved under a different url.

I just tried this but was unable to reproduce the problem. Here's what I did:

1. Use Safari to navigate to http://1password.community/entry/signin
    2. Tap the key icon above the keyboard to bring up the iOS autofill feature
    3. Tap the 1Password entry at the bottom of autofill
    4. Tap into the search field

The keyboard came up as expected. Does this problem occur for you every time? Any thoughts as to what you may be doing differently?

2)1p fails to fill generated passwords on nee sites. Ironically an example of that is changing my password after recovery for this forum. I created a nee login with the appropriate url and then promoted 1p to create a nee login. After saving and filling the nee password field were blank. Usually I have to do the fill twice for the confirmation but in many cases it doesn’t even fill the first one. In this case it didn’t fill the first one even after returning a second and third time to try. Eventually I had to exit safari. Canopy to clipboard. Paste twice. This is a big step backwards form working integration.

Could you please walk me through the steps you're following where this isn't working well?

These are two big usage bugs for me I can’t provide an example now for other keyboard problems but they’re pervasive 1 not jsut this one situation. I’d say 15-25% of the time I need the keyboard to activate (via safari or launching the app) it just doesn’t

I really can't say that I've seen such pervasive keyboard related issues on my devices. Have you tried reinstalling 1Password and/or iOS?

This post is specific to iOS issues but windows is another huge problem for me - and I’ll post over in that forum with those problems. Because I use 1p predominantly to sync with windows that’s another big issue.

Understood; thanks!

Is there any information or acknowledgement of the password filling or missing keyboard issues?

There will be, if we're able to reproduce those issues, but to my knowledge at this point we haven't had other reports like this where the keyboard is not appearing as expected in current versions other than perhaps as one-off device related issues.

Having recently lost my employment due to covid (absolutely not anyone’s problem here) I really can’t pay for the service if I don't have it working across all platforms.

I'm sorry to hear about that situation. I would encourage you to reach out to our billing team via email (support@1password.com) to discuss further. I'm not in a position to make promises, but they may have the ability to assist in such circumstances.

On that topic is there a way to migrate the new vault back to one that works ore subscription should that become necessary?

I can't imagine that using standalone vaults is going to cause the behavior in either of these scenarios to be any different. The type of vault in use has no impact on the keyboard or filling.

Thank you for your time and I’d like to restate how much I have loved this program over the years - I have to say I’m unimpressed with the subscription version onward ( it the idea of a subscription as I recognise the need). It has seemed during my six month trial to be very hit and miss.

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues you're having and giving us an opportunity to work with you on them. I'd like to help you get to the bottom of them.

Ben

• aphonic
    aphonic
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your detailed reply and sorry for the pervasive typos. I should have written that outside of safari and pasted in. Sorry.

The keyboard issues are not every time. I’m going to try and reinstall as you suggested and see if that solves the issue.

If I see the issues persist I will take screen video - though I’ll have to send that in privately as likely there will be information that, while not terribly sensitive, I probably don’t want to share with the world.

Thanks again and let me see what other info I can get to you.

I will talk to billing but I’m loathe to pass my problems along to others. Though it’s kind to offer any option.

• Thanks for your detailed reply and sorry for the pervasive typos. I should have written that outside of safari and pasted in. Sorry.

No worries at all. I don't claim to be a perfect typist.

The keyboard issues are not every time. I’m going to try and reinstall as you suggested and see if that solves the issue.

Very good. :)

If I see the issues persist I will take screen video - though I’ll have to send that in privately as likely there will be information that, while not terribly sensitive, I probably don’t want to share with the world.

Sounds like a plan. Please send it to support+forum@1password.com with a reference to this thread.

I will talk to billing but I’m loathe to pass my problems along to others. Though it’s kind to offer any option.

We're all in this together. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.